• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Closing Club Head at Address

Closing the club face to shape a shot may be OK, but closing the clubface to correct a swing flaw is wrong. You're just introducing another problem that will have to be corrected somewhere down the line if you want to play the game seriously.

Push slices are probably the most common problem for newer golfers that are just emerging from the topping the ball stage. They are usually easy to cure. The solution - lessons.

Claire its sound like you might need to check your grip it maybe to weak for your swing, a stronger grip just might help you out . Or it could be your ball position, but thinking about any and all that stuff you explained while on the golf course is a score wrecker. Try having fun with a better grip and this may solve your Pirate compass ball flight. Check your grip pressure too if you change this during your swing it can cause errant shots aswell, it should remain constant and light the entire time and round....Cheeers:)

Thanks, but MY grip is fine; wrists are my issue. You mean riverc0oil :D

Never, ever, close the club face, except when shaping a shot.

If you hook it, it will make the hook lower and worse. If you slice it, it will make the slice lower, and have an even higher spin rate. Somewhat contradictory to a few principles, but I've got the launch monitor proving it on my side.

Sounds like more of swingpath issue than grip. I hit big draws with a grip that makes Hogans look strong and an open stance. It's all the clubface coming in to out with face square to targetline.

Get lessons.

Best, tip, ever.
Indeed. At first, I thought lessons would be way too expensive. Then I realized I was paying $7 a week at the range and not getting better. Could have paid the same money per month on a lesson and done my practice on the course and would have had made a better investment. Will be looking into purchasing a series of lessons next season. Too late in the game at this point with only two or three weeks left.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520