• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Computer related YIKES!!!

I don't understand. You need a password to login, even into Safe Mode.

?????
Actually, it is probably me and that I have just not done the password thing in a long time or having done a restore on a password protected computer in a while. I disabled mine to not prompt for password on boot up, yet still enable all of the network settings. I actually didn't remember it prompting for a password while going into safe mode if you do not enable the network when doing so and actually just assumed it did not. But probably just a case of not remembering on my part.

FYI, on the thumb drive option, I have one of those that I set up for using on other PC's and carrying around. Works great, and sounds like a great option.

I picked up the Sandisk U3 Smartdrive model that has U3 built onto the drive. It is like it's own model of Portable Apps. It has it's conveniences and inconveniences. One of the inconveniences is that some the apps from Portable Apps doesn't show up on the Main Menu. The Portable Firefox for U3 is still version 1.5, not 2.0. So if Firefox is your main consideration, the U3 Smartdrives may not be the best consideration for Portable apps. Although, you can disable U3 and use the Portable Apps model, so if it is cheaper then still a good option. Just something to consider.

Here is the U3 site with the supported programs, and an explanation. The downside to Personal Apps is the space it takes up, where with U3 the footprint is on it's own chip and takes no space. You could still run Firefox 2.0 Portable, although it would not be menu friendly.

Bring the power of portable software to your USB flash drive - make it a U3 smart drive!

Thanks guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424