• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Could you play blindfolded?

Bravo

Reaction score
A fellow who was a member of my club won the Blind Golf Championship 16 times - Charley Boswell.

See attached link.

http://www.blindgolf.com/history.htm

He was a great fellow and a neighbor.

Every time I would see him - I would say, "Good to see you Charley"

And he would reply,

"Good to see you John".

He had a hole in one on the 14th in 1970 - the last year he won the Blind Golf Championship.

A great friend to Bob Hope - who helped raise millions for the Eye Foundation Hospital.

is this an extention to your avatar?

youngun5 said:
is this an extention to your avatar?

I had forgotten about the avatar!! When I posted it and saw my Ty avatar - I cracked up....coincidence...

Good story Bravo, it does make your avatar funnier.

I can barely shoot 84 with my eyes open. Reading putts must be interesting. It would be fun and inspirational to attend one of these events.

I play blind folded right now, what's the big deal? ;)

I saw a round of the Blind Masters once. Incredible. I have read that the blind require a great deal of repitition to memory for certain things, and golf naturally falls into that category.

Maybe we could learn a thing or two from that.

Practice makes perfect.

R35

rockford35 said:
I play blind folded right now, what's the big deal? ;)

R35

The story is about being blind folded not blind drunk. I think maybe you are consused. :p

That's twice today you've accused me of being confused.

Now Dan, that isn't nice.

I was just about to make a great comment about playing water polo blind in this thread when you come along and take away my concentration.

I'm totally on the ball. I think.

Thanks,

Rockfish35

Sorry Rock, they probably don't publish this up there but today is Pick On Your Canadian Internet Friends Day. (POYCIFD)

I can see you've had enough so I'll back off. :canadafla

Nah, i'm just giving you a hard time, Dave.

The whole thing on GR just has me shaking my head. It's so ridiculous.

The confused thing was no big deal.

I have 364 days to pick on you guys, i guess it's ok to balance things out once in a while. ;)

R35

It was an interesting story.

This guy was an All-American football player for Alabama when WWII broke out. (He had never played golf) He went into the Army and was saving another soldier from a burning tank when a shell exploded - blinding him.

During his recovery - somebody suggested that he try golf. He was insulted but the guy persisted.

Blind golfers have a "coach" who is with them. The coach selects the clubs, lines up the shots and tells the player how hard to swing.

Can you imagine putting??

In any event, they play by all the rules and when Charley was in his prime, he shot consistently in the high 80's and low 90's. He had competitive rounds below 80....

I think the key to that is having a good spotter, one that you can communicate with on a level that no one else could. In that, you could "see" the shot in your mind.

That's the most important aspect of this game, seeing the shot. And I don't mean necessarily with your eyes.

I have alot of respect for those guys. They show us how "easy" this game can be if you take away alot of the fluff and distractions.

R35

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422