• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crackhead finally got me

ezra76

Reaction score
I've posted that my car had been broken into a few times. Some crackhead kept taking the face off my stereo then leaving it, couldn't figure out how to get the rest out I guess. Well, today I go out to my car and the ahole ripped half my dash apart and got it. So pointless, it was a Pioneer CD player from about 1992, worth about $6 at the pawn shop if he's lucky. I'd have been more upset if he'd gone in the trunk and stole my golf shoes.

I'm getting rid of the car anyway so don't really care all that much but it's just so stupid. I never locked the car because I had a Camry before and someone smashed the window for a POS Sony radio. Window was 10 times the price of the radio. I guess it's a little motivation for me now. I'm going to pay off my GF's 2004 Saturn and drive that, she's going to get a new car.

I've posted that my car had been broken into a few times. Some crackhead kept taking the face off my stereo then leaving it, couldn't figure out how to get the rest out I guess. Well, today I go out to my car and the ahole ripped half my dash apart and got it. So pointless, it was a Pioneer CD player from about 1992, worth about $6 at the pawn shop if he's lucky. I'd have been more upset if he'd gone in the trunk and stole my golf shoes.

I'm getting rid of the car anyway so don't really care all that much but it's just so stupid. I never locked the car because I had a Camry before and someone smashed the window for a POS Sony radio. Window was 10 times the price of the radio. I guess it's a little motivation for me now. I'm going to pay off my GF's 2004 Saturn and drive that, she's going to get a new car.

damn those crackheads...

Oh well, at least my golf bag wasn't in the trunk. I'll go down to the dealership with my GF sometime next week and see if we can cut a deal for a leftover '07 for her. Then I think I'll set the Honda on fire.
icon10.gif

Anyone ever sell a car on that "Craiglist". Does it cost any money? I should be able to get at least a couple hundred for the Honda I'd imagine.

You need to set a better mousetrap. :laugh:

My roommate in college got pissed off when someone kept breaking into his car back home. He got creative one day and put about $5 in quarters in his ashtray and wired the metal frame of the ashtray to the car battery in some way, then would open the ashtray at night. Said he went out the next day and found the car door open, burn marks in the ashtray, but the quarters were all over the place. :killersmiley:

Said he never had the problem again after that time. Pavlov would be proud :D

Are the crackheads pretty bad in Providence? I know when my cousin was going to Kettering University in Flint, MI, he drove a mustang everywhere but Flint. He had an old beater truck for driving to school, never locked, because it was broken into every couple months.

I had a window smashed in downtown providence in 2003 - some crackhead stole a crappy portable inkjet printer I had in the back seat - printer ~$100 window ~$200 - wtf

two weeks later a coworker left the office around noon on a Saturday and found a crackhead in his car when he got there - he was a pretty big guy and he dragged the bum out of the car by his leg then threw him up against the wall and made him empty his pockets - the guy basically babbled "don't kill me" the whole time - probably not the safest thing to do, but a good story

Pellet gun. One zing in the thigh and he'll be comin' round the mountain no more.

Pellet gun. One zing in the thigh and he'll be comin' round the mountain no more.

rhody is pretty liberal - shooting people (even with pellet guns) doesn't go over real well

Are the crackheads pretty bad in Providence? I know when my cousin was going to Kettering University in Flint, MI, he drove a mustang everywhere but Flint. He had an old beater truck for driving to school, never locked, because it was broken into every couple months.

Yeah, they'll steal anything that's not tied down. My old neighborhood was worse. The guy downstairs was a friend of mine, he called the cops one night then called me "Go look out at the church" he said. There's this skinny-ass crackhead trying to unbolt and industrial air conditioner from about 7ft. high on the side of the church. I know this thing weighs somewhere between 500-700lbs., lol. We were wondering if the cops would get there before he dropped it on himself and got crushed to death.

The place before that was even worse. Crackheads were scared to steal $hit down there. Some dude got stabbed to death in the yard of the house... I kind of felt bad as I'd been woken up by screams and just shut the window and went back to bed (I lived on the 3rd floor). Next morning my mom calls me, "I just saw on the news someone was stabbed at your adress in Providence, I was so worried". I'd not want to live there now, that's for sure. I had just gotten out from 2yrs. in prison when I lived there so didn't really care about much, I walked from my car to the house on payday with a 2 1/2 ft. steel pipe in my hand.

Ah, he got the radio so I don't imagine he'll be back. I thought about a pellet gun or something since I'd have a nice shot from the 3rd floor across the street. It's better off I don't catch someone though, I'd end up beating them within an inch of their life or worse. I told my GF a while back, if I caught the guy I was going to knock him out, strip him naked, duct tape him to a telephone pole and snap a broomstick off in his a$$. She's got a phsychology degree... there were lot's of questions following that statement.
icon10.gif

Hey Ez, does the car run fine? If so i might consider tryin to take it from ya:).

I need a car:(

Well, it runs fine. Just has a big a$$ hole in the dash now, lol. It also has a gas leak, needs a new gas line, it's in a bad spot. I have no doubt it would run a few more years. Inspections have gotten pretty strict in RI now though and I don't feel like spending the time and money to bring it up to passable condition. It would need minimum 1 new tire, taillight lense (actually have to buy the whole thing) and the gas line replaced.

Ah, he got the radio so I don't imagine he'll be back. I thought about a pellet gun or something since I'd have a nice shot from the 3rd floor across the street. It's better off I don't catch someone though, I'd end up beating them within an inch of their life or worse. I told my GF a while back, if I caught the guy I was going to knock him out, strip him naked, duct tape him to a telephone pole and snap a broomstick off in his a$$. She's got a phsychology degree... there were lot's of questions following that statement.
icon10.gif

Was one of these questions "Let's never fight, ok?" while she was slowly dialing 9-1 on the phone and then pausing.... :D

R35

Was one of these questions "Let's never fight, ok?" while she was slowly dialing 9-1 on the phone and then pausing.... :D

R35

Nah, she knows there's nothing to worry about. I'm all talk... well, mostly. I can honestly say though, I've been with her for over 2yrs. now and never really even had an arguement. Having a girl with a good head on her shoulders is really a blessing.

You need to set a better mousetrap. :laugh:

My roommate in college got pissed off when someone kept breaking into his car back home. He got creative one day and put about $5 in quarters in his ashtray and wired the metal frame of the ashtray to the car battery in some way, then would open the ashtray at night. Said he went out the next day and found the car door open, burn marks in the ashtray, but the quarters were all over the place. :killersmiley:

Said he never had the problem again after that time. Pavlov would be proud :D

Although funny...its not true...you can grab the terminals of a 12v car battery, its not going to hurt you in any way shape or form...its only 12v...

Pretty shitty that people feel the need to steal stuff...personally i would have staked out the car and aprehended the SOB called the cops...but then all that would do is put another idiot into the already crowded court system and we would all foot the bill anyway...thats american justice for you...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520