• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diamana Blueboard review

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a nice piece of equipment this is. I was looking for a shaft that had a similar feel as my YS-6 but was more stable. I think this shaft fits the bill perfectly. After only a few swings I could tell that I could really lay into it and the ball just wanted to go straight perhaps with the slightest of cuts. I drove the ball perfectly today, a nice mid/high trajectory and plenty of runout. I was probably swinging harder than I have all summer because the confidence I had knowing this combo could take it.

Overall the R7 425 Blueboard combo I think is maybe a few yards shorter than the 905R YS-6. It was hard to tell since we had some rain and wind. I'll be able to tell for sure after a few more rounds, but the dispersion (after 1 round anyhow) is miles better (and I hit the other driver well).
I'll keep this one in the bag for the silly season ending tourneys I have coming up and will report back my findings. If you are a swinger and like an active feeling shaft I'd recommend the Diamana Blueboard by Mitsubishi

I have a blueboard in my 3 wood and it is the best fairway wood shaft I have ever hit. I didn't like it as much in my driver with the 77 gram weight, but it is a keeper in the 3 wood.:)

VT, would you say the shaft plays true to flex?

flex to me is relative. I can't say what "true" is.

It feels like a YS-6 except more stable. It's not harsh like a Blue or V2, but you can still hammer it and it won't start spraying all over the place.

I have no problems with it in S flex. Rock and Lyle who prefer a stouter shaft would probably want this in X.

flex to me is relative. I can't say what "true" is.

It feels like a YS-6 except more stable. It's not harsh like a Blue or V2, but you can still hammer it and it won't start spraying all over the place.

I have no problems with it in S flex. Rock and Lyle who prefer a stouter shaft would probably want this in X.

VT, what's your swing speed?

~105 with the driver.

This is good to know thanks for the review, Im waiting for mine, exact same weight and flex too.. Stupid customs comming from Canada... uggg... I hope I like it but you said a " Swingers shaft and I have Heard Hitters" whats the difference?

Too me a swinger is usually a more even tempo swing that loads the shaft later.

Hitters usually have a more aggressive move from the top and get a lot of early loading.

This is my analysis as a Software Engineer who knows nothing of the golf swing LOL

lmao, well honestly im hitting my driver so bad lately im sure you could call me a Swatter :p Irons are solid but i cant hit my dam driver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520