• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diamana Redboard.. questions about the fit

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Reaction score
i just won this, for a steal i might add!! Diamana Red Board fw, 73 X - (eBay item 320154998334 end time Sep-10-07 17:00:00 PDT)

it says .335 tip, so it will fit in my r7 tp 15* which is also .335, i know that much.

it says "Shaft is 41 1/2 inches, from tip to grip butt" so would it play standard length in a 15* 3 wood when installed??

it also says "
abraded 1 3/8 inches" what the heck does that mean? and will it cause any problems??

just fyi- i will not be installing by myself, i wish i had the knowledge, and the materials to do so, but alas, i do not.

Abraided just means the area that has been prepped, the section that has been sanded down for install. At that length of prep it most likely came out of a TM TP or Nike. The important thing to know is how much the shaft has been tipped. I'd play an X in a 3W but only if it had no tipping. Mitsubishi Rayon has info on the site about trimming for the Redboard.

I think you should put it in yourself. :) Go on Golfsmith and order some epoxy, ferrules and a nice new decade, we'll walk you through it. :laugh:

Abraided just means the area that has been prepped, the section that has been sanded down for install. At that length of prep it most likely came out of a TM TP or Nike. The important thing to know is how much the shaft has been tipped. I'd play an X in a 3W but only if it had no tipping. Mitsubishi Rayon has info on the site about trimming for the Redboard.

I think you should put it in yourself. :) Go on Golfsmith and order some epoxy, ferrules and a nice new decade, we'll walk you through it. :laugh:

id rather start on a cheaper shaft, and work my way up to the big $$ ones..

im not too sure about the X either.. but if i dont like it, it goes straight to GolfWRX..

anybody have any idea on if this thing will play standard length or not??

Just measure from the back bottom of your club to the bottom of the hosel, add that # to the length of the shaft and there you go.
icon10.gif

Just measure from the back bottom of your club to the bottom of the hosel, add that # to the length of the shaft and there you go.
icon10.gif

ok, i dont actually have the r7 tp yet though.. :(

what would be standard length for a completed 3 wood? 43"??

and ive heard about people finding out tipping info by measuring from the graphics to the tip on their shaft, and then comparing it to an untipped shaft..

anyone have any experience doing this, and/or know a site that would have the length from graphics to tip on a redboard?

Or pay them $15 or $17 if u want it spined and its done in 15 minutes top. While the time goes by hit other clubs in the store you may want to Hoe in the future

Or pay them $15 or $17 if u want it spined and its done in 15 minutes top. While the time goes by hit other clubs in the store you may want to Hoe in the future

exactly, that sounds like the way im gonna go..

just think about it ez, if you had all yuor clubs spine-aligned you would hit the ball 25 yds further..:D:D

ive been to dicks already, and they charge $17 for a wedge shaft swap, i wonder how much they would charge for the old shaft to be pulled, and the redboard put in with spine-align??

exactly, that sounds like the way im gonna go..

just think about it ez, if you had all yuor clubs spine-aligned you would hit the ball 25 yds further..:D:D

ive been to dicks already, and they charge $17 for a wedge shaft swap, i wonder how much they would charge for the old shaft to be pulled, and the redboard put in with spine-align??

They charge two to three weeks without your club, from what I've heard...:(

They charge two to three weeks without your club, from what I've heard...:(

they had my 56* reshafted in 1 day, and the guy who was the expert at reshafting wasnt there the day i dropped it off. they did have a guy who said that he was able to do it, but couldnt guarantee perfection, he said he did his own clubs, but very rarely someone elses..

ill call them up for a price quote and time quote(they are 25 minutes away), if it doesnt sound reasonable, i will take it to custom clubs of frederick, or adros custom golf.. both of which are professionals..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520