• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DisneyWorld Recommendations

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
With the recent passing of my father, I am administering his estate. Through the will and literature, my siblings and myself will be inheriting some items and income. Secondary to that, I am inheriting a decent chunk of change that my Dad left specifically to me to put into trust, and spend on my siblings families for (in his words) "fun stuff".

My oldest younger brother has 3 children and he and his wife struggle to make ends meet. They've never had a vacation since they have been together.

I'm thinking of sending the 5 of them to Disneyworld on my dime. Flights, food, car rental, spending money, the works.

I was at Disney years ago, but have no clue where to stay to accomodate small kids.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on where/where not to stay? Within reason, money is somewhat no object (300-400 a night is completely doable and we can even stretch that), but my brother and his family are somewhat 'rough around the edges'. I say with with every bit of care and love, but you know what I mean. I'm not sending them to Bushwood, they'd stick out like Denunzio.

Any insight would be great. I'd like them to see:

Seaworld
Epcot
Universal
and of course, Disneyworld

Thanks in advance, guys. I have a PM into Ualtim on this, as he's based out of Orlando, but i think he's outta town.

Cheers,

R35

I am going to Disney for 7 days in April. We're staying on the resort, and I suggest they do the same. IM me as per usual for more info.

FYI - they have a stay for 4 nights get 3 free promo on now. You can stay at a deluxe resort for 3 people and full week of tickets for $2500 bucks, that's a steal for Disney.

I am sorry for your loss.
Chris

Seaworld & Universal are both top notch, personally I don't care for any of the Disney parks. So long as they don't stay on the grounds of Disney then it's very easy to stay within your budget.

Seaworld & Universal are both top notch, personally I don't care for any of the Disney parks. So long as they don't stay on the grounds of Disney then it's very easy to stay within your budget.

Been years since i did disney, but would suggest stay at the grounds. the savings of staying offsite dont compare to the ease and convenience of staying on the property.

No idea where they should go or stay. But I've gotta say, your Dad sounds like he was a amazing man to have set up this account. I see now where you got it from, :thumbs up:

We stayed here last time we went, and while we do not have kids it seemed very conducive to kids. Look at the second link and you will see the pictures from the back, where there is a resort style pool, Sand Volleyball, Basketball and a playground. There is also a nice little poolside bar and cafe to get sandwiches and drinks out there as well

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcosw-residence-inn-orlando-seaworld-international-center/
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-photos.mi?marshaCode=mcosw&pageID=HWHOM

We also usually do the Residence Inns because they have the refrigerator and kitchens. Again though, we have no experience with kids, but there certainly seemed enough out back to keep all the kids occupied so my wife and I could sit out there and not be annoyed. :laugh:

They also do packages with the attractions and golf courses. We stayed there on a golf package and would definitely do it again. Much better than the other Residence Inn at I believe International Drive where we stayed the time before.

• Staff
I am going to Disney for 7 days in April. We're staying on the resort, and I suggest they do the same. IM me as per usual for more info.

FYI - they have a stay for 4 nights get 3 free promo on now. You can stay at a deluxe resort for 3 people and full week of tickets for $2500 bucks, that's a steal for Disney.

I am sorry for your loss.
Chris

You'll be hearing from me, C. I have lots of time yet, but still like to feel things out.

We stayed here last time we went, and while we do not have kids it seemed very conducive to kids. Look at the second link and you will see the pictures from the back, where there is a resort style pool, Sand Volleyball, Basketball and a playground. There is also a nice little poolside bar and cafe to get sandwiches and drinks out there as well

I'm going for the convenience factor for them. The resort lends itself to that. We stayed in Orlando at a resort similar to this in 94, and it was great. However, there were 6 adults and 3 people driving, so it was easier than just mom and dad and 3 kids.

I appreciate the notes, guys, keep 'em coming.

R35

my family went for there for xmas a year or two ago, and stayed in-park at one of the disney resorts. compared to something awhile back where we stayed out of park.

the first time we drove all the way there, and stayed out of park, and had to drive everywhere etc. seemed like we were always rushing around...could just be the reflections of a little kid, which i was then.

this last time, we flew down and stayed in park...and it was nice because the parks were open a couple of hours earlier to in-park guests, and we were able to hit all the things we wanted to with minimal waits before the regular admission visitors hit the parks....all transportation was done by shuttles, which ran often, and never had to wait more than 20 mins or so. i don't have any specific info, but can ask the 'rents if you'd like.

good luck,

-YG

Another plus when staying at the resort is Disney Magical Express... you don't even have to pick up your bags at the luggage carousel. Just tag em b4 you leave and hop on the bus

We did Disney a couple years ago. We stayed in a cheap motel and it was okay but if you can afford it staying at Disney is the way to go. And if they have time kennedy Space Center (or whatever they call it now) is cool too. Some nice beaches right near there with some super nice scenery (if you know what I mean)... :)

One thing worth noting is you can buy tickets at the rides (can't remember what you call it) and they give you a time to return later. Then you just show up and go right on with no waiting. Otherwise you can stand in line half the time you're there.

One thing worth noting is you can buy tickets at the rides (can't remember what you call it) and they give you a time to return later. Then you just show up and go right on with no waiting. Otherwise you can stand in line half the time you're there.

At Disney this is called Fast Pass and they are free. Put your park ticket in the machine and you get a return time to avoid the long line. The only limit on fast passes is what time you can get the next one. It will tell you on your ride ticket when you can get your next Fast Pass. I have seen it as soon as 30 minutes and as long as a couple of hours before you can get your next Fast Pass. Return times are advertised above the Fast Pass machines, and the best little know secret is that you do not have to kill yourself to get back to the ride in the one hour time frame it gives you. You can not go before the first time, but you can return at any time after that and the Fast Pass will still be accepted.

I forgot you didn't buy them since you paid giant dollars to get in, LOL. But I was "somewhat" close. :)

Are all the Donald Ducks, Mickeys and Snow White's still gay? :D

We drove to it when i was in florida and it was very easy to get in adn out of the park....honestly i see no real reason personally to stay in the park, however getting into the parks earlier than the general admision would be a very nice perk!

I'm glad the g/f is family with a person that works there....got in free! :)

Course we just spent that much more in the shops anyway....$6 for a mickey mouse keychain? I about dropped dead right there....

Course we just spent that much more in the shops anyway....$6 for a mickey mouse keychain? I about dropped dead right there....

eclark53520

Mickey's right up there with Tiger Woods!! :D

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35