• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Don't you hate it when...

Have 2 instances this year regarding someone either stealing or hitting my ball.

1 time I hit my drive & it ended up on the right side between 2 fairways, well the group playing that fairway also had someone hit in that area. This women didn't even bother to identify the ball, just walked up & wacked it. Told her that she just hit my ball, she said nothing & got back in her cart where her husband or whatever was waiting for her....never did see where her ball went.

2nd time I hit a drive on the 5th that got away from me & headed for the 6th's fairway where a father & his 3 young boys were playing. I yelled Fore & they heard me, ducked & watched as my ball sailed right over the roof of their cart & landed in the fairway. They were on the green already & were putting. They quickly hurried up, got back in the cart & the smallest kid ran out, grabbed my ball & jumped in the cart as his took off.
Pissed me off, but luckily it wasn't an expensive ball & I lose my fair share of them, just don't like having them get stolen right under my nose.

Sandy-
Those are some pretty incredible incidents. I've played thousands of times as a single - always paired up with strangers - and have run into some strange and inconsiderate folks - but never had the displeasure you've described. Makes the pair I played with last week seem like the most gracious couple ever. No wonder you don't want to play there anymore. But if you think it's busy - you should try Clearview GC in Queens - commonly known as the busiest course on the planet. And it may well be.

But if you think it's busy - you should try Clearview GC in Queens - commonly known as the busiest course on the planet. And it may well be.

I've never even tried to go to one of the NYC public courses for fear of how busy they get, but Paramus is by far the worst course around here for those problems, and the people I've been paired with there seem pretty representative. I forgot to add the guy who was once in the group behind me who's way of trying to speed up play was to deliberately hit into every group in front of him to force them into letting him play through. This on a day when the course was packed and there were three groups on every hole. When confronted by every group he did this to his answer seemed to be "I've paid my money just like you, why should I have to stand around waiting for you?'...

I played Paramus exclusively for my first 6 months of playing, then for another 3 months during the winter and early spring of last year. I would regularly go down on the 'walk-on' list a good 30 to 40 golfers down, and often waited a good 2hrs plus (and once over 3hrs) to be sent out - never with any warning as to how long the wait would be. Always felt good to be in the Pro Shop checking on the waiting time and hearing the starter fielding calls from his old retired friends inquiring as to whether they could get a game and being told to just turn up and he'd get them out there - which he ALWAYS did, regardless of the queue. The course itself is actually quite nice, and a great Winter course in terms of length and lack of OOB, but is seems it just attracts the worst of the NJ golfing community.

Of course, it felt VERY good to be watching all this going on over the fence the times I was invited to play the next-door Ridgewood Country Club. Two golf course that shared a common boundary wall, but may as well have been a million miles apart!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520