• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fancy launch technology...I caved

rolltherock

Reaction score
Okay as the official old fart on here I have been reticent to utilize the launch monitor technology, but I caved as it dawned on me that in the not too distant future distance will indeed become a problem for me as I age. I don't want to go to the old man tees just yet!

My total distance is 260-270 and I'm in the short grass maybe 8 of 14 fairways. Not real far and certainly not accurate. The club is going to give me a print out of all these numbers this week....don't know what they all mean just yet.

Anyway we tried a ton of different heads and shafts and ended up with an Adams A4 in a 9.5 with some shaft called a Diamana in a stiff. They are going to cut it down to 44" for me and get the swing weight all tweaked. The net net of the day was a 15 yard average increase and a way tighter dispersion and I even poked a few to the 290 range which was total disbelief for this old man. I'm in shock and proof that you can indeed BUY a tee game.

I can't wait to see if this helps me shoot lower scores. Short game has always been my feast where I rescue myself from bad tee shots. Should be an interesting experiment. I have a sneaking suspicion it won't add up to much b/c as amateurs we find ways to manufacture shots....

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520