• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Favorite Golf ball???

Nike One Black.

I love how it feels, it's long, but compresses well. For colder days, I'll take a Platinum out, but during the summer, it'll be the Black. Just suits my game well, which is key.

ProV1x is my favorite right now, but I haven't tried the D2 or the Bridgestone and Nike One assortments yet. I have 3 dozen left to go through. I had some money in pro-shop credit I used to buy the balls, and so it didn't hurt so much.

Well, favorite really has little to do with it for me. I would say the Pro-V1 or Callaway HX Tour 56, but I am only willing to spend about $10-15 on a dozen, and even though Target sold the Pro-V1 at about $11 because they were clinacally insane, they went off the shelf faster than I can hit a golf ball into the woods to it's final resting place.

Although, maybe a more important question IMO would be, what matches up with the Laddie. In that case, I would recommend the Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft at about $18 for a 15 pack. The ball does not work for me, but may be worth a shot if you like the Laddie. It is the first that comes to mind to match up with the Laddie.

http://www.maxfli.com/noodle/long-and-soft/

the one that goes where I want it to go.:)

My flavor of the week is Hogan Tour Deep.

Good distance does not balloon with my swing and I can control it. 150 yds in is my criteria for choice of ball. How it releases holds the green and trajectory for those shots is the primary factor.

An eye opener for me was going to a good fast practice green and trying out different balls for distance control and trajectory for 10-15 yd chips. I found the harder the ball or less layering the less distance control I had. Even though those "distance" balls that generated less sidespin for full shots I lost control on the greens. When I am faced with choosing between the short game or the testosterone laced long game the short game wins.

so long and thanks for all the fish

Srixon Z-urs or the Maxfli Blackmax. A freiend gaave me a box of the original maxfli A10 . Too bad that they quit making them the replacement A10 solids and Rev solids are not nrearly the same.

Has anyone played the Maxfli REDMAX the do not appear to be available in Canada?

Titleist V1x

I do like the Hogan Tour Deep but they shred everytime I touch one with a wedge.

Dawg - I too prefer the Blackmax...just a perfect ball for my shots. I bought a bunch of RedMax just to see the difference and they are harder, and tougher,...figure I get an extra 10-15 yards easy on all shots with the reds; but a very nice ball for the money. I normally take a sleeve of Blackmax, and a sleeve of Red and only get to the Reds if the course is having its way with me :)

You should be able to snag some rEds on Ebay and get them up to you in Canada.

Peace, Bryan

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on their favorite golf ball??? I have tried, as I'm sure everyone has, several balls (at least 50) over the past few years. I still have a favorite overall ball but unfortunately they no longer make them......Precept Laddie. I can still pick them up at times on ebay and at surplus stores but they have been replaced with the laddie extreme which is much firmer than its predecessor. I played the PWR Drive last year after the great reviews on them but they didn't match up with the Laddie. So.........what's your favorite??

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the Laddies made in exactly the same way Precept made their Lady's balls? It might be worth trying a sleeve of the Lady's balls to see if they are still like the Laddies you remember, if it was the ball I liked the best I wouldn't care if there was a picture of SpongeBob Squarpants or Dora the Explorer on there, much less if it said "lady" instead of "laddie." Then again, I like the more manly-named Pinnacle Exceptions, though I am currently playing some Bridgestone B330-S's I got cheap.

Yes, Laddie was the Lady re-named for the guys when it first came out. I buy Lady's for my son and I play them once in a while...good ball, especially for $9/dozen.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the Laddies made in exactly the same way Precept made their Lady's balls? It might be worth trying a sleeve of the Lady's balls to see if they are still like the Laddies you remember, if it was the ball I liked the best I wouldn't care if there was a picture of SpongeBob Squarpants or Dora the Explorer on there, much less if it said "lady" instead of "laddie." Then again, I like the more manly-named Pinnacle Exceptions, though I am currently playing some Bridgestone B330-S's I got cheap.

Not in my house Bignose!! I wouldn't last 10 minutes with a ball named lady. I got harrassed enough playing with the "laddie" since my counterparts couldn't read. I believe the compression on the lady was a little lower, in fact i'm pretty certain of it. The closest match up that I have found with feel and spin in that price range would be the NXT. I guess I should have stated the question differently.......... What is your favorite ball that you can afford to play with?? Without question the Pro V1 is my favorite, I don't get the distance but the feel is second to none. I also like the Bridgestone line up but the only way these balls get played are when I find them in the deep stuff.

Titleist V1x

I do like the Hogan Tour Deep but they shred everytime I touch one with a wedge.

I thought you would be a Taylor Made TP man, what with you playing everything else TM...!

Hey 3Bogey, the Precept Lady will always be one of my favorite balls. It's soft, but doesn't compress insanely on drives. Works great for cold weather conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520