• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

feels great to tinker on your own.

FKA19

winter ho'in
Reaction score
yes! i knew that title would catch you attention.
it is however relevent to my thread.
i just did some club tinkering, because i was very bored. i stripped the paintfill on my driver and did it all yellow, and also touched up my odyssey putter as it had some paint loss in spots. i know some of you may find the yellow gaudy, but i LOVE it. it's original, and pretty rad IMO. i just took it out w/ acetone and a toothpick, and then used warhammer paint and a Q-tip to re-fill it. i then wiped it with a rag with acetone, to get all the paint off the outside of the lettering, and the inside of the lettering remained in.

the picture is in my avatar ATM so check it out.
it really does feel great to do little projects like this.

it looks better than if there was no paintfill... but im not a huge fan... it looks like you did a nice job though, and you should be proud...

I know the feeling. That's "your" driver now.
icon13.gif

Anyone know if acetone will remove black oxide finish? I'm wanting to redo the lettering on this old putter I'm using but don't want to remove the finish.

Anyone know if acetone will remove black oxide finish? I'm wanting to redo the lettering on this old putter I'm using but don't want to remove the finish.

unless it looks really ugly to you, i wouldnt mess with it... i would never mess around with the paintfill on my putter, you need to be confident about it, and have no distractions...

Yellow? unique? have you seen a SasQuatch driver before?

Nice job though.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424