• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally found the right driver for me (I think)

Burg

Reaction score
I've been trying out several drivers lately to try and find "the one". I got rid of my 905R because when I was off, I was really off. After testing out several makes and models I think that I've finally found the driver for me. I stumbled on a used FT-3 10 degree with a Diamana blueboard shaft and WOW. I just can't mishit this thing. Once I got over the unique sound, I fell in love.

My only question now is whether the FT-5 is a dramatic upgrade over the FT-3. Anybody have an opinion on this?

If it was me I would definately stick with what you have, I dont think the ft-5 is any better, maybe slighty more forgiving but I like the flight and the playability of the ft-3, solid club.

In my own opinion, I think the FT-3 is a nicer club than the FT-5. More solid and better feel for me. I would stick with what you got just like Fred said above.

I did the same thing you did, I played several drivers until I found my Callaway X460 which I can play all day down the middle, I made a big mistake by trying to upgrade it once i found it, I thought I would try the FT-5 and just couldnt hit it for crap, I did like the sound and when I connected it was miles down the fairway but just to inconsistent. Be smart and stick with what works.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520