• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

firm shaft

tonyq123

Reaction score
hi everyone,
im hoping someone can help me,im struggling with my driver.but i hit my friends sweet as a nut.ive been trying to find his to buy
his is a 11 degree regular shaft.
i can find the same one but it is a 10 degree and stiff shaft.

i have been told i need a stiff shaft before because i have a fast swing but i seem to hit his fine..

would this stiff shaft 10 degree be much diffrent to my friends..

also is a lower degree harder to hit or more likely to fade the ball as i do turn ball left to right so would a 10 degree make this worse..

thanks anyone who can advise because ive been looking for his club for months..

Hi Tony, welcome aboard.

First, What club head are we talking about? I know you said driver but which one?

You can buy the same club, no matter what shaft is in it and have it reshafted with the one you like. simple and fairly inexpensive.

Cheers!

hi there,
thanks for your reply.

too be honest im only a 9 handicap,and just getting back into golf.i used to play regular but stopped about 7 years ago ,so i cant change shafts etc as money is tight due to the fact my missuss would go mental at me..lol.as i took up fly fishing while living in usa.,but now im back in scotland ive taken up golf again and getting my equipment sorted..ive just bought a cheap set of irons off ebay for £50..which i hit great.im looking for a cheap driver nothing expensive.

my mate had the big bertha + titanium with 11 degree loft regular shaft..he got it real cheap as its illegal 2008..

i couldnt get that one so i got the
great big bertha 2 + in a 10 degree regular..but i slice it alot..

but when i use his i hit it alot better although i do fade it still but not as bad..

i have now found his club..
big betha + titanium...but its in a 10 degree stiff shaft..
unfortunatly i cant try it as its an online company and no shops have it for me to try out..

any help would be great as its ony £50 ($70)

thanks again

hi again.
just out of curiosity does anyone know what is the newer model..

the big bertha + titanium or
great big bertha 2 +

as its strange why the great big bertha is more expensive yet i hit the other better

Tony,

Cost has nothing to do with length of a drive.

The Great Big Bertha II is the older of those two models. The Titanium 454 is a bit newer. Here's a list of Callaway Drivers and years on inception:

Callaway PreOwned Driver List

If you're nutting your friends regular shaft, I suggest sticking with that. Many of the Callaway heads play very similar in terms of feel and swingweight, so you won't have to worry much about feel being different. There are some exceptions, but those would be the newest varieties, which I doubt you'd get into.

I would suggest trying to find a Big Bertha Titanium 454. It's a great driver and you can find them cheap. The GBBII is also another good driver, forgiving and long. Try and find a 415 model, it's even more forgiving.

Have a look on Ebay for something in your price range.

Or, you could stick to fly fishing. Less swearing....lol. :D

Cheers,

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781