• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Footjoy Reelfits for $89

Pa Jayhawk

Reaction score
I love mine, Pa...hope you find a pair!

I wish FJ fit my feet better because they always have fantastic blowout pricing on their stuff. :bang:

I have 4 pairs of Eccos as well now, so I'm pretty set.

R35

:rolleyes::confused:

Why do you need four pairs of golf shoes? Or are they color co-ordinated to your golf outfits like the pros... :D

Why do you need four pairs of golf shoes? Or are they color co-ordinated to your golf outfits like the pros... :D

Nah, just good deals. I interchange them throughout the season so they wear more evenly. I have one pair that are white and blue, the rest are black and white.

R35

Nah, just good deals. I interchange them throughout the season so they wear more evenly. I have one pair that are white and blue, the rest are black and white.

R35
Ditto!!
I have like 6 pair, (3 Ecco, 2 Footjoy and 1 Adidas) mainly because I buy them when they are on sale and not when I need them. 2 of the pairs are over 2 years old and one is like 4 and still in great shape. Although I didn't need the two pairs of Ecco's I bought this winter, they were cheap. Have two pairs I am either going to throw out our use for practice shoes. I also need at least 3 because I have no problem playing in rain and would not be unusually for me to play in the rain 2 days in a row. Since during the Summer I will also play or practice 5-6 days a week, they may need time to dry. Kinda like gloves though, if you do not wear them every round, and give them a chance to recover they will likely last 3-4 times as many rounds. I also usually only buy black shoes now, although I do have a pair of white and picked up some brown Ecco's this winter. But 4 of the pairs are black as well as the two I will likely toss. So basically in about the last 5-6 years I have bought 8 pairs of shoes, 2 which have not been worn, 4 which look almost brand new, and 2 that are on their last legs (but still not in terrible shape.). I play about 5-6 days a week in prime season and many times in the rain. The first 2-3 years I played, I went through about 2 pairs of shoes a year by wearing them every day. By doing this, I go through an average of probably 1 every 2 years, and probably have enough to last me 5 years now.

This coming from someone who spent most of their life having a pair of dress shoes, a pair of boots, and a pair of sneakers and wouldn't spend more than about $30-40 on any because I buy them when they are on sale and not when I need them. Once bought 3 pairs of the same boots because they were $100 boots on sale for $25. They lasted me about 4-5 years.

edit 1 - I have about 12 gloves and have only worn one out in about the last 3-4 years, were I would go through one about ever 4-5 rounds by not switching, plus they were also always stretched out.

Was looking to try these at one point, but they don't have my size in black. Cheap price, but I'll stick with my Eccos.

I have 4 pairs of Eccos as well now, so I'm pretty set.

R35

Good to see guys. I have just bought my second pair of Eccos & love them!! I can't speak highly enough about their quality and features. One feature about Eccos that I've found even Footjoy don't have is the gusseted tongue. It helps stop dirt and rubbish making its way into the shoe through the lace area.

I know Footjoy are quality shoes and the Reelfits are probably great but I'm old school & my shoes must have shoe laces. I just can't get over the bulge at the heel of the Reelfit. It reminds me of some sort of malignant lump sticking out the back. If I had Footjoy, it would have to have laces. That said, $89 is a mind blowing price for quality golf shoes Pa Jayhawk. Good find!!

Good to see guys. I have just bought my second pair of Eccos & love them!! I can't speak highly enough about their quality and features. One feature about Eccos that I've found even Footjoy don't have is the gusseted tongue. It helps stop dirt and rubbish making its way into the shoe through the lace area.

Bingo!

Even if you sink into water, it's not getting through.

I just had another set of Ecco's arrive just now (thanks J!) and boy are they comfy. Right out the box, it's like I've had them for years!

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422