• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

For those of you...

Agreed.

I've PM'd Jim personally to make sure things weren't personal. And they weren't.

I have no personal qualms with anyone here and don't plan on it either. I don't care what anyone else plays. If it makes them happy, so be it.

Everyone has their own opinions and feelings. Myself included. I didn't want to give the impression that mine was correct.

Hell, I can't even shop for groceries properly....beef jerky anyone? :D

R35

This thread took a serious turn in a direction I did not expect. Had I known I would have just left well enough alone-maybe I should have known since I have been on this board for awhile.

I just like to share things, little successes that I have on ebay from time to time- I did not expect the putter to sell as quickly-3 hrs- as it did or for someone to use the buy it now at the price I set (I use the buy it now as a "hope I can get this" type button).

Anyway...as I mentioned to Rock in my PM to him, I am thinking about switching to blades because I heard they FEEL better and are EASIER to work the ball-what do you guys think? :deadhorse:

I think people should spend THEIR money on what ever THEY like without having to justify it or defend it constantly. I think we tend to jump on each other a little more than we should. I am as guilty as the next guy of doing this and need to be a little more careful in my words from here on in. Buy what you like, enjoy it regardless of the reason.
I think a little more respect would go a long way. It seems a lot of forums have become so negative lately that they are a chore to read. Golf discussions has become a haven for what appears to be teenage girls and makes me ill to read lately due to all the negativity. I would hate to see this place follow the same path. What has always separated shot talk imo is respect. Lets try and keep it that way.
I agree with Lyle. Each to their own as they say.
As for me, I would pony up the dough for a scotty in a heart beat if I thought I would drain any more 10-20 footers with it.
Unfortunately I have come to realise that, for me, a good putting technique and ability to read greens far outweighs the flat stick in use.
So that leaves me with a B60i and a PAL2 to swap and change as the mood takes.

Anyway...as I mentioned to Rock in my PM to him, I am thinking about switching to blades because I heard they FEEL better and are EASIER to work the ball-what do you guys think? :deadhorse:

I should ban you. :D

R35

I agree with Lyle. Each to their own as they say.
As for me, I would pony up the dough for a scotty in a heart beat if I thought I would drain any more 10-20 footers with it.
Unfortunately I have come to realise that, for me, a good putting technique and ability to read greens far outweighs the flat stick in use.
So that leaves me with a B60i and a PAL2 to swap and change as the mood takes.

I agree 100% with this statement. It just so happens that my old Newport and the newer Studio Select for me just fit like a glove! The Studio select especially-it just feels and looks right.

That being said I have never found a putter I like better than my old 33" First Flight or something putter that I found for $3 in a used club bin. I was money with that putter. Sadly it broke thru no action of my own.

The thread wasn't meant to be a "Scotty putters are better than all else" thread. It was meant to be a thread about how they hold their value. I know putting is so much personal preference and in my OP I stated that at the end. I don't think anybody should buy a Scotty because its a Scotty. I tested several putters the other day, Ping, Yes, Never Compromise and the Odyssey black series. I liked the scotty the best but had I liked one of the others I would be looking for one of those.
Actually I really didn't take it as a "Pro Scotty Thread", and agree with the bit about holding value as was the case with my Pings. I guess for me though the putter has always been a little different for me in the sense that I would never dream of changing putters once I find one that works.

That being said, I am kinda curious with the Odyssey Blacks because I would probably be willing to spend more on a putter than any other club and actually really liked the Scotty's outside of the lack of a soft insert, but what likely keeps me from doing so is the old theory "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Which was more my point on agreeing that I would never look at a putter as far a resale value. Probably the reason I don't really want to try one of the Odyssey Black Putters.

Has nothing to do with cost, or even brand, just a simple matter of comfort and fortunately I have really liked the only two putters I have ever owned and would have never dreamed of switching either.

I like the looks & feel of the Scottys, just not the price. However if my current putter wasn't working for me I would certainly consider getting one just for the heck of it, but fortunately for me the TM has been dropping putts like crazy lately so it's not going anywhere.

I like the looks & feel of the Scottys, just not the price. However if my current putter wasn't working for me I would certainly consider getting one just for the heck of it, but fortunately for me the TM has been dropping putts like crazy lately so it's not going anywhere.

This was my point exactly though. If your going to spend $200-$300 on a putter, which you will if you buy a premium milled putter-than the cost of a Scotty isn't really that bad when you consider they hold their resale value like no other piece of equipment. And given the fact that you will hit the putter the most of any club in your bag, why not go for broke?

I have a studio select newport and if you don't own a scotty, you should'nt be playing golf.

:biglol:

:killersmiley:

Boy am I glad I posted just three posts in about my recent Scotty Cameron Purchase, as this thread ended up being, "interesting."

I had the same Ping Anser 2 in my bag since I bought it in 1988. But now that I have a Scotty, um... sorry, a 35 inch Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #2 in Gun Blue with a Red Baby T grip with 6 extra wraps of tape (I will never refer to it with any other name, of course) well, now that I have it, I am a golfer.

All those rounds in the 70's before must have been dumb luck. The rest of you aren't really playing the game, the sooner you admit it the better for us all. In fact, we secretly laugh at you when you aren't looking. If you listen closely we laugh a little louder when you three putt, and usually take out our Cameron Oil Cloths and rub our putters at the same time.

I'll let you look at mine, but please don't ask to touch it.

P6200251.jpg

P6200255.jpg
P6200251.jpg
P6200255.jpg

I have a studio select newport and if you don't own a scotty, you should'nt be playing golf.

:biglol:

:killersmiley:

AH, Sling tightroping the fence. :thumbs up:

R35
I don't have the heart to tell him that the Windmill and the clown's mouth are not mutually exclusive to all golf courses. :D

If your putter accounted for all of your shots and the color scheme matched the nature of the courses that you regularly play, you would probably own a Scotty as well. :prop:

If your putter accounted for all of your shots and the color scheme matched the nature of the courses that you regularly play, you would probably own a Scotty as well. :prop:

The way Sling plays, he'd have to use a plunger. :ugly25:

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35