• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Free clubs, after real estate tour

mr fixit

Reaction score
I'm new here, but would like some advice if you don't mind.

I am a high handicap golfer, just a beginner really. (been beginning for several years now)

I got an offer in the mail to tour a 'resort' and receive a free set of clubs. In fact, the offer is an upgrade to 2 sets. Top Flight XL 5000 clubs with bags.

I'm not buying any property, so if we went it would only be for the clubs.

My question is has anyone ever gone to one of these things. Is it worth it? What else is involved in getting the clubs?

Mr Fixit

Noooooo :)

honestly, not worth your time. These are what Target store sells...
and have no resale value...

if your are needing/wanting more modern clubs, craigslist is quite good for that. A decent bag can be $25... an Iron Set... couple hundred or less.
a Driver..any 460cc from the past 3-4 years is good. Ihave a callaway x460 driver I would sell for $50+shipping.

and go demo clubs if there is a big-box golf store like golfsmith around.

There is a resort in northern PA who was giving a set of Cally big bertha irons away for taking a "tour." I really wanted to but the wife talked me out of it and I'm glad she did. I heard from a friend who did it, it took 9 hours for him to finally get out of the place. It was more hassle than it was worth. He only wanted the irons for re-sale and he would have rather just not went at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520