• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fujikura vs. TaylorMade

ES13Raven

Jul 24, 2006
I don't have $300-400 for the latest and greatest driver, but I can afford about $150.

I decided to go with a Taylormade R580xd.

Some models have a M.A.S.2 65 Regular Flex Graphite Shaft (Tip Firm), and others come with a factory installed Fujikura Hyperlite Regular Flex Graphite Shaft.

Is there a huge difference with the Fujikura, or is the M.A.S.2 just as good?

Thanks!!!

Here's a thread on the M.A.S. shaft and some opinions on it.

M.A.S. Shaft

The Fuji is a great shaft. Sort of a mix between the Graf Blue and the Aldila NV.

R35

Thanks...

I think the M.A.S.2 65 Regular Flex has a mid-high kick point, is low-torque and is tip firm...

Anyone know the stats of the Fujikura Hyperlite?

ES13Raven said:
I don't have $300-400 for the latest and greatest driver, but I can afford about $150.

I decided to go with a Taylormade R580xd.

Some models have a M.A.S.2 65 Regular Flex Graphite Shaft (Tip Firm), and others come with a factory installed Fujikura Hyperlite Regular Flex Graphite Shaft.

Is there a huge difference with the Fujikura, or is the M.A.S.2 just as good?

Thanks!!!

I have the R5 with the M.A.S. 65 Stiff. It is a good shaft, but I found that I had a tendency to snap-hook if I swung even a little too hard. Smooth swing = good results. Try to get a little extra = snap hook.

Just my 2-cents.

Don't know about the Fuji. Although I've had the HL-55 (absolute crap) in a driver, and the "Designed by Fujikura" Cleveland shaft in my 4-wood. The Cleveland 4-wood feels like a nice shaft, if a bit stiff for me.

Although I've had the HL-55 (absolute crap) in a driver

Eracer, I still haven't figured this shaft (in my Exotics) out. Saturday at the range, my 983K sounded funny, so I used the TEE on Sunday. 7/7 fairways on the first nine, and only 1/7 on the second. It's like Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde!

My clubfitting session is this Saturday. It'll be interesting to hear what Dana Upshaw has to say about this shaft.

ES13Raven said:
Anyone know the stats of the Fujikura Hyperlite?

Mid/Low kick, mid torque. I'm assuming it's around 65g, as most of those made for OEM are.

R35

Rockford35 said:
Mid/Low kick, mid torque. I'm assuming it's around 65g, as most of those made for OEM are.
Cool... I hope so. I am looking to improve my launch angle. The "tip firm" and "mid-high kickpoint" of the MAS2 doesn't sound like it would do that for me.

I went with the Fujikura.:smilie_fu

Here is the response I just got from TaylorMade:
Thanks for the email.

Thank you for your support in TaylorMade products. The specifications
for the Hyperlite Graphite shaft is as follows:

58 grams
mid to low kick point
tip soft

Please contact us again if you have any further questions. Thank you
again and we wish you continued success with your golf game.

Best Regards,

Toni

http://maxfli.com
http://taylormadegolf.com
http://adidasgolf.com

58 grams, that's light. Probably in an effort to help the slower swingers out there.

I still think the Fuji is a decent buy.

R35

i have a 580xd w/ stiff m.a.s. and i have the same thingh try to crush it and snap hook.make a good smoth swing and crush it.maybe a little draw.also notice tonite with a good smoth swing catch it a little off the tow and it draws.not a big craw but maybe a yard or 2.

Featured Reviews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodehene1