• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Game back on track. Solid 82!

shanker

Reaction score
I played with this guy who was a single digit handicap but I finally realized what it means to put pressure on someone. He came out and birdied the first hole and i bogied it. I adjusted my alignment and began swinging 90%+ and crushing drives. It put pressure on him because I was getting to the green in 2 strokes and he was struggling to keep up. When I started sinking long putts, it took him out of his game a little. I beat him by a couple strokes. He blamed it on the heat. ;)

Biggest improvement this week was wedge play. I went back to the 56 degree for everything 75 yds and in. I hit more greens without rolling off the back. Got to work on my some things this week but I am about to break through to another level. I can feel it baby!!!!

CONGRATS!

I wish I could say the same thing.:unhappy:

WTG, good job and great score.

I played Saturday with a friend of mine who is a scratch golfer. I tried pretty much the same thing you did about half way through the round, backed off on my swing and tried to play smart golf. However, I had different results, he just played even better and shot 4 under.

WTG, good job and great score.

I played Saturday with a friend of mine who is a scratch golfer. I tried pretty much the same thing you did about half way through the round, backed off on my swing and tried to play smart golf. However, I had different results, he just played even better and shot 4 under.

Pretty much every round I play is like that. I play regularly with YG and he is capable of putting up a red number for any given round. It's been really good for the mental aspect of my game though -- When he is hitting all the Par 5's in 2 and driving some of the par 4's I have learned to plod along with my poke and chunk game and do the best with what I've got to work with... :laugh:

WTG! Congrats on the score! Keep it up!

Awesome score... I wish I had some buddies who were better. They say it's better to play with people with a lower handicap than you, as it gets you to play better mentally.

I generally end up playing with people around my own, but probably because I'm in the average range.. I can play anywhere from a 10-19 on any given day!! Hahaha...

I have played with a guy who was a 2, and he played the tips and STILL reached the par 5's in 2, over me.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520