• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GHIN Question - Changing Clubs

Fairway_CY

Mar 25, 2008
Hey all... I've been playing for awhile now, but not until about 6 years ago did I obtain my first GHIN handicap rating. When I first obtained that GHIN number, it was with a club that didn't have a 'home course'. We played a bunch of courses throughout the state. So - I stopped playing for about 2 years, and I guess my GHIN number 'expired'. I joined one of the county courses out here because we moved back to the area and I grew up playing on that course. They opened a new course about 4 years ago, and I played there for the first time last year. Well, since I registered at the one course, my GHIN club number is from that course. I'm changing my 'home course' to be the newer course that I played for the first time last season, but since I only get to play a few rounds a year, I don't want to have my GHIN number reset. Does anybody know if I can keep my GHIN number, but change the club/course affiliation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

CY

I don't know how it's done where you are, but for me, my GHIN affiliation is with the Colorado Golf Association, not actually with my home course. Yes, I pay the dues through the Men's Club at Foothills Golf Course, But when I look up things like revision schedules, they come through the state association. And the email notification I get at each revision is from the CGA. I would find out what association your club is a member of and contact them to see what the process is for changing your home course.

Featured Reviews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodehene1