• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Bags

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Reaction score
Tell me what you have and what you like/dislike about it/them.

I own three golf bags. I think all three are top of the line in their respective categories.

1. Titleist sunday bag. One strap, three pockets, as many clubs as you want. Light, convenient (set it down on the green if you want to...), and quick. This is what I take to the course when I play four or five holes, racing the sunset.

2. Izzo something or other with dual straps... Two straps, two legs, three pockets, fourteen clubs. It has a removable garment bag that I don't use. Enough room for balls, a few tees, and a bottle of water. It's bigger than the sunday bag, but not a whole lot. It's quite small compared to other stand bags though, both in height and diameter. Fits my clubs, which is all I really want out of it. It has the best straps I've ever used, nice firm padding. Not too thin or too thick, not too wide or narrow. Sadly, it is old as heck; my belt has worn a nice groove into the side, but it's still my favorite bag.

3. Sun Mountain Superlite 3.5. Two straps, two legs, lots of pockets, and too many dividers. I might take a saw to several of the dividers to get the pattern to match my Izzo, which is perfection. This bag is light (not as light as the Izzo...), very comfortable (comparable to the Izzo, even though it's much bigger), and very well made (as are all my bags). It's big (er), and I use it for everyday rounds when I need to take something other than golf balls along. Cart duty as well. My biggest complaint is the pencil holster, which is a very good idea, but very poorly placed. I have to contort my left arm to reach the pencil when I'm walking, so I just stick it in my back pocket with the card. Other than that, I love it.

So, what do you all use/prefer/wish you had?

Also, 3 bags...

1. Ping Hoofer 2. Great carry bag. Trouble is, I don't carry that much anymore. Still good and light for tossing in the back seat of the truck and keep my sticks with me. Just does not work well as a cart bag.

2. Ping cart bag, circa mid-90's. Got this bag new and I love it. Black w/white lettering. Excellent pocket arrangement. Full length dividers. Separate putter well. Literally worn out!!! 2 zippers broken. Black is a faded gray. Looks its age. Yet, it's my everyday bag that I use for most of the rounds played.

3. Ping USA, limited edition, red/white/blue leather staff bag. This is a beauty, but HUGE!! Too big to use regularly. Not convienent pockets. No full length dividers. Sure is pretty, though!!!

May replace the old Ping cart bag this year. Ogio's catch my eye. It's been 15 years since I've owned a bag that doesn't say Ping on the side. Don't know if I can bring myself to go Ogio or just another Ping cart bag.

Mizuno Renegade.
The legs always fold out perfectly, the straps work really well and the dividers keep the clubs from ratting together.
Dislikes:
It needs more pockets.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35