• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Equipment

G

golferjack

wots up guys,

I have a question. i am considering getting a new set of irons and i am not

sure wot to get. any suggestions??

we need a little more information. What do you usually shoot. Do you hit your irons well? Are you looking for forgiveness or workability. Do you like offset or no offset. Cast or forged? Basically, what are you looking for in a set of irons? Maybe we can help ya out. Neal

Since he is not here I will answer for him.

He usually shots in the mid-low 70's

He holds the junior course record. (I think)

He is currently play mcgregors. Combo's

I recommend blades.

if what you say is true TM.....then i would recommend Mizuno mp-33's, maybe combined with mp-30s in the long irons. JMO. Neal

Yeah it is true he is my playing partner. I know jis game nearly as well as mine.

I recommended the hogan limited additions. He is rich so money isn't a option.

He has shot a few under par rounds and is ready to progress to a full set of blades.

well i'm a 12 handicap and play mp-30/33 combos with success(the only thing keeping me from single digits is my driving and my short game, and my mental game, actually, pretty much everything except my iron play) And i'm sure he could use them well. Plus, i got a set used for 200 bucks, can't beat that price. So tell him to check them out, they might be well worth it. However, it might be cheaper to buy them from the states and have them shipped over. JMO. Neal

PS: TM, i was expecting you to jump all over my swing. Where are ya?

Yeah I play pro II's and they are a great iron like the mp-30 I could play the 33's just can't afford to change. Now that I have to change my driver for the boy's.

PS: Neal I haven't saw your swing I will check it out now.

Thanks for the advice guys. much appreciated.

I will have to check out the mp33's!!

I recommend spending the better half of a day hitting as many clubs as you can.

Then, take some time to narrow your choices. Then, hit these choices again.

Then, buy the set that you hit the best overall.

There is no way in hell that anyone on any golf forum can recommend what clubs will work with your game.

Not even the Master.

R35

thanks rockford thats some good advice. the master didnt give me advice as good as that. i think i will have to do that

WHAT IRONS?

:canadafla Remember the all important thing about buying new irons. Get fit by a PRO so you have the proper clubs in your bag. Nothing worse than paying $1000 for a set of irons and you can not hit them straight! Have the PRO check your lie angle, shaft length, swing speed (for shaft flex) and grip size.
Most companies do not charge extra for custom fit irons. My TaylorMades are 4 degrees upright with 1/2" longer shafts and the cost was the same as if I had bought them off the rack. I had to wait 3 1/2 weeks from the time I ordered them until I had them in my bag.
Not sure where you are located, but I know the local Nevada Bobs here does fittings, they charge $50 which is taken off the price of the clubs if you buy from them. The store I deal with did not charge me any extra for the fitting, but then again I do all my golf buying business there and have for years.
Good Luck

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423