• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf schools?

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, i opted to not go on the senior trip to NYC, since ive already seen it three times. So i have somewhere around $700 to spend on either a golf trip, or golf schools. I want to find a school that is catered to the lower handicapper, and that will not cost me thousands of dollars, any ideas? I live in ohio, but i can get airfare for $160 round trip to places like mytrle beach and florida, since we have a small airport that caters to our crazy vacation loving state.

That place looks right on the money, I wonder if the price includes accomadations? Sling, do you have idea? Also, If anybody lives on the way from ohio to a golf school and wants go and is driving, let me know. I wouldnt mind picking up or meeting somebody, so i didnt have to make a 12 hour drive alone.

last time I checked lodging was included, also a meal or two.

Don't know if they still do it, but 25+ years ago (stop laughing) I went to the Pinehurst Jr. School of Golf...google it and see what you get. Great school and included 1 round on each of the 5 original Pinehurst courses.

Would be worth looking into.

Thats where im stuck, im not a junior, im 18. But im not interested in alot of the things adult schools offer like fine dinning, tennis, and stuff like that. I want to work my butt of and become a positive handicap by the end of next season, and i want as much instruction as i can get.

I've found if you check the Top 50 instructors from Golf Digest and cross reference it to find their website, that a good number if not all have golf schools. My wife and I were thinking of taking one next year and found one fairly close to where my wife works in NJ on that list. They offer a 2 1/2 day school for 2 people for $999 and a 2 day school for 1 person for $499. Not sure if we will do it there or somewhere while on vacation, but will likely use one from that list to be have a good chance at it being a good school, since we really do not know anyone who has gone to one.

May be worth looking at, depending on where you want to go. I figure they must be pretty decent to be in the top 50.
http://www.golfdigest.com/instructi...ruction/americasbest/gd20050850greatest2.html
Here is another part that will rank them by state, giving you more than the top 50.
http://www.golfdigest.com/instructi...ction/americasbest/gd200508teachersearch.html

edit 1 - ... actually it looks like 3 of the top 6 in NJ are at the place I was looking, I may have to do it there.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520