• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfing at Waushara Country Club

zaphod

Reaction score
Yo, I made the trip to Wautoma (40 miles) Sunday to play the WCC. Had a great time. Played all 27 holes with cart for $28 and was a good golf course.

The first nine, Westwood, was a bit schizoid starting out very narrow with sharp doglegs. No real good clues as to distance or landing areas. Lost balls and penalty stokes resulted from my aggressive play. The rest of that nine opened up and was enjoyable. 6 over to start.

My second nine was the Lakeview course. Many elevation changes. Just a pleasure to look at and the fairways just begged you to open up with the driver. However this was deceptive as from the tips the landing areas 250-280 yards out narrowed up in some places to maybe 5-15 yards. (yes 5 yards, not a typo) This resulted in approaches from thick rough if the drive strayed. Precision was the key. The 8th and 9th views from the teeing areas was awesome and imposing. Severe elevation changes and forced carries. My favorite nine.
2 over here with no penalty strokes. I found my way.

3rd nine was the Bridges. After the 1st hole this nine was well laid out. Had a few blind hazards. 2nd had a huge chasm, 20-30 foot sheer drop off, running across the fairway not visible from back tees. Was lucky leaving the drive 5 yards short of it! Later a slight dogleg right par 4 had a trap just begging for you to carry it and cut the corner. Hit what I thought was the proper shot and was ready for what thought was an easy birdie. There is a man made pond directly behind raised lip of the bunker and my ball is still in there absorbing water. Oops. Highlight of this nine was dropping a 25 foot big breaker bomb from pin high on island green par 3 for bird. 3 over with penalty strokes.

Overall very good course. The speed of the greens was a bit uneven depending if they were sun baked or not. We have been in the mist of a very dry several weeks. Otherwise course is in very good shape. The follow golfers were courteous and play moved along. Played 27 holes in 3 1/2 hours.

Yo, I made the trip to Wautoma (40 miles) Sunday to play the WCC. Had a great time. Played all 27 holes with cart for $28 and was a good golf course.

The first nine, Westwood, was a bit schizoid starting out very narrow with sharp doglegs. No real good clues as to distance or landing areas. Lost balls and penalty stokes resulted from my aggressive play. The rest of that nine opened up and was enjoyable. 6 over to start.

My second nine was the Lakeview course. Many elevation changes. Just a pleasure to look at and the fairways just begged you to open up with the driver. However this was deceptive as from the tips the landing areas 250-280 yards out narrowed up in some places to maybe 5-15 yards. (yes 5 yards, not a typo) This resulted in approaches from thick rough if the drive strayed. Precision was the key. The 8th and 9th views from the teeing areas was awesome and imposing. Severe elevation changes and forced carries. My favorite nine.
2 over here with no penalty strokes. I found my way.

3rd nine was the Bridges. After the 1st hole this nine was well laid out. Had a few blind hazards. 2nd had a huge chasm, 20-30 foot sheer drop off, running across the fairway not visible from back tees. Was lucky leaving the drive 5 yards short of it! Later a slight dogleg right par 4 had a trap just begging for you to carry it and cut the corner. Hit what I thought was the proper shot and was ready for what thought was an easy birdie. There is a man made pond directly behind raised lip of the bunker and my ball is still in there absorbing water. Oops. Highlight of this nine was dropping a 25 foot big breaker bomb from pin high on island green par 3 for bird. 3 over with penalty strokes.

Overall very good course. The speed of the greens was a bit uneven depending if they were sun baked or not. We have been in the mist of a very dry several weeks. Otherwise course is in very good shape. The follow golfers were courteous and play moved along. Played 27 holes in 3 1/2 hours.

You should get together with WBL and sssmokin.

<edit 1> Did you say 27 holes in 3 1/2 hours. I couldn't even walk a course without hitting balls that fast...holy crap!

I thought you were going to say you went to Wautoma to play with sssmokin. I was up Saturday. We're sick that we missed playing with you although you appear to be in another "league" from us. :D And when we played Saturday we got behind TWO five-somes (six carts). We were pissed. :D

I hoped to run into the dynamic duo at the course but it was not to be. Sorry.

Another league. No ---I have been swinging exceptionally well lately but my familiar gremlins (pull hooks into the next county) are sneaking back into my game. Played Trappers Turn (Wisconsin Dells) this Sunday and basically played bogey golf ,not counting the lost golf balls. The game comes then goes. The iron play has improve lately when I swallowed my pride and switched to some real GI irons from my blades. Honeymoon or here to stay time will tell.
Will try to PM WBL and sssmokin when get a chance go again. Had a great time at WCC and want to go again. Did bump into a few business colleagues when I was there.

Speed of the round suprised me too. Nobody was in front of us (my wife was along -a non golfer so she drove he cart which sped things along).. My wife and I had not eaten lunch and at 7 pm was getting very hungry therefore the last 9 holes speed golf was the order of the day.

WBL;
My daughter's fiance is from Racine and son's girlfriend is from Muskego. Hope to get down that way for some golf.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520