• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got my first birdie today!

Bakemono36

Reaction score
I got my first biride today. It was a 170-yard par 3. I hit my tee shot about 15' away from the hole and sand my putt.
Its pretty funny that I hadnt played golf in over a month (havent even really practiced much either) and today was one of the best rounds Ive played in a long, long time.

Woo-Hoo! Congrats! Good feeling, isn't it? Wait til you get your first eagle.

A 2 looks very cool on a scorecard. I love making a 2. Congratulations.

Kevin

Woo-Hoo! Congrats! Good feeling, isn't it? Wait til you get your first eagle.
Ive gotta figure out how to stop hitting a huge slice with my 3-wood before thats gonna happen.
Hopefully someday though. Lately I havent even been really keeping score. I just focus on one shot at a time and worry more about hitting good shots instead of what my total score is.
Honestly, any day that I can shoot bogey or better on every hole is a good day for me.
I must admit though, when that putt dropped I did my best Tiger Woods fist pump.

Ive gotta figure out how to stop hitting a huge slice with my 3-wood before thats gonna happen.
Hopefully someday though. Lately I havent even been really keeping score. I just focus on one shot at a time and worry more about hitting good shots instead of what my total score is.
Honestly, any day that I can shoot bogey or better on every hole is a good day for me.
I must admit though, when that putt dropped I did my best Tiger Woods fist pump.

Sounds like you're on the right track. One shot at a time. No reason to keep score yet. Lots of range time, short game practice and putting and you'll be right there.

Just remember to enjoy the game. To me , that's the most important thing.

Yup. I used to get really upset when I was playing poorly and thats why I took a little break from playing golf.
Now, Im still as focused and intense as ever, but its no longer the end of the world when I play poorly.
The biggest thing that has seemed to help me is having the swingthoughts of turning my back to the target on my backswing and swinging easy.
I literally try to swing slowly and it seems to help. I hit the ball much straighter and it seems like Im getting the same or even slightly more distance (most likely because Im hitting it more solidly).

Awesome!

Congrats bro! so was it fist pump from US Am tiger or fist pump from US Open full fledged gyration?

j/k, that's awesome, really bro...

you mentioned you haven't played in a month, funny how good it feels the first day back, then you go back the second day, and it falls back to where you were, fustration and hating every club in your bag :)

the question is, what did you get on the next hole?

A.

Very cool! Did you save the golf ball?

WTG, congrats. Many more to come hopefully.

Congrats bro! so was it fist pump from US Am tiger or fist pump from US Open full fledged gyration?
It was just a little fist pump, much like what Anthony Kim does. When I birdie a par-5 you might see the full fledged U.S. Open TW fist pump though...

you mentioned you haven't played in a month, funny how good it feels the first day back, then you go back the second day, and it falls back to where you were, fustration and hating every club in your bag :)

the question is, what did you get on the next hole?

A.
The next hole was a par.

Very cool! Did you save the golf ball?
Yup. I save all the golfballs for my milestones. I saved the ball from my first par and first chip-in as well.
After I made that birdie, I put the ball in my pocket and I the next hole I almost pulled it out of my pocket and teed it up. Just imagine how mad I would have been at myself if I had shanked that ball into the woods!

Pretty sweet man!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422