• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Graphite shafts do Snap!!

Massimo

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
I took a shot with my 3 iron and when I came thru with my swing, I somehow whipped the 3 iron into my lip. It freaking hurt. No Blood, but I thought I knocked out my front tooth. Well, I took a vicious, pissed-off swing at my bag and in one swift motion, I snapped my 3 iron shaft over my knee. I have never got this mad while just practicing. I have been known to throw a club or two in the round, but never get mad enough to break a club....

I snapped that graphite shaft just like Bo Jackson used to snap those bats in baseball in the 80's...........

:usflag:

Massimo said:
I took a shot with my 3 iron and when I came thru with my swing, I somehow whipped the 3 iron into my lip. It freaking hurt. No Blood, but I thought I knocked out my front tooth. Well, I took a vicious, pissed-off swing at my bag and in one swift motion, I snapped my 3 iron shaft over my knee. I have never got this mad while just practicing. I have been known to throw a club or two in the round, but never get mad enough to break a club....

I snapped that graphite shaft just like Bo Jackson used to snap those bats in baseball in the 80's...........

:usflag:

Ummmm...anger management course? Maybe just quit "playing" a GAME that pisses you off so much. I don't know, just an idea.

As the owner of one of the ugliest swings around, I still cannot imagine how you can hit yourself in the lip with a club???

Get lessons. I've never seen your swing, but even jim Thorp doesn't hit himself in the face. :D

Guys I was standing there what had happen he made a full swing , Full turn back and thru but when he pulled the club down it bounced off his knee and whiped him right in the Kisser. He use's graphite Clubs and they are quite whippy . Anyhow He broke it over his knee and then threw it over his $$,$$$ Ride :faintthud . But IF you ask me he has been looking at hybrids For awhile now, and guess what he is getting now ..... Seems fishy to me ;)

Must have a senior shaft to be that whippy...so did the club wraparound his head after a real high finish with the hands or something like that?

I've never quite seen anything like it...

Nah, After he swung the club he was taken it down to reset up to another ball and when he came down with the club it hit his knee. Thats why it bounced back and hit him in the kisser

OK - mystery solved.

Couldn't quite figure that one.

Effing club.

If I ever get to the point where I snap a shaft over my knee, I'm quitting this game.

Remember, it's not the inatimate objects fault. It's the monkey on the end of it.

R35

I hear yah Rock, But again he wasnt mad at the shot he took he was mad because he hit himself in the face with a club ;)

Don't need lessons or anger management..... Just need a re-shafted 3-iron or hybrid replacement. I dont get that mad, but just had a freak attack....

Hey Bravo, It was kinda the same attitude I had driving thru your precious Birmingham on the way to Tennessee last week for vacation. Freaking out left and right. Never will I again drive thru Montgomery or Brimingham before noon, or even Chattanooga or Knoxville for that matter.

People in Alabama still havent learned the art of driving..... a vehicle.

LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423