• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Harley going back together.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stripped my Harley Wideglide down last fall for paint to swap out a few parts, new pegs, 80 spoke rims, etc. Finally got the paint done & now just needs to be re-asembled which should happen saturday, actually hoping the weathermen are correct as they call for rain saturday since that will keep me off the golf course & in the garage.

Here are a few pics of the painted parts, blue over a black pearl base. Kind of a Kenny Wayne Shepard deal with the "Blue on Black".
9ptfgi.jpg
2ep7r0h.jpg
av0vn4.jpg

You are bringing back memories. In the late70's to early 80's I had a 1948 panhead. Bought it severely chopped with springer front end, ape hangers, upswept pipes, 1 gallon tank, etc. I stripped her down and rebuilt her to a fatbob. What fun. A hardtail with converted hand shift foot clutch to vice versa. This one had 4 speeds forward--no reverse. Manual spark advance, your left grip, to make an easier start----yeah right. No electric start and the SOB would toss you over the seat with a backfire just because it could or drive your knee into your face!!!! Parked that bike on a hill many times so I could bump start it. 74 cubic inches of crazzeee torque.

Wi-Golfer I am VERY jealous. That bike will be chillin especially with your "soul" in it. Post more pics as job gets done.

Looking good on the paint. Enjoy putting it together. What do you want for the R1?
icon10.gif

Never giving her up, one sexy assed bike & fast as hell.

I'm not a fan of cruiser type cycles, but anyone on two wheels is a friend in my book...

BTW: Didnt end up getting the R6, after i talked to my insurance agent and realized what it was going to cost me on insurance for the year i decided to buy something else...ended up with a barely ridden Suzuki SV650S with the lower fairings(aftermarket). I LOVE this bike...i have had it on the road for a week tomorrow and i have put 900 miles on it.

Where are the twisties around here WI??? I cant seem to find anything that gets me smiling besides the on/off ramps to the belt line....and thats only if they swich back and forth and make me really counter steer...i want to hit something fun

I'm not a fan of cruiser type cycles, but anyone on two wheels is a friend in my book...

BTW: Didnt end up getting the R6, after i talked to my insurance agent and realized what it was going to cost me on insurance for the year i decided to buy something else...ended up with a barely ridden Suzuki SV650S with the lower fairings(aftermarket). I LOVE this bike...i have had it on the road for a week tomorrow and i have put 900 miles on it.

Where are the twisties around here WI??? I cant seem to find anything that gets me smiling besides the on/off ramps to the belt line....and thats only if they swich back and forth and make me really counter steer...i want to hit something fun

The SV's are great little bikes.
As for twistys, not sure what part of the state you are in, but the Kettle Moraine forest has some great roads, the Prairie Du Chien area alongside the Mississippi river is nice & here we hit the areas north & west of Madison. Really fanatastic roads aroun Mt Horeb, Richland center, etc. Also try out wildcat mtn, it's not real long, maybe 1-2 miles at most but has some very technical turns.

Couple pics I just took, sun is going down so the pics don't show the blue sparkle coming thru. Still pretty damn dirty as it's been sitting in the garage all winter.
100_0823.jpg
100_0828.jpg

That is sweet, Wi....love the rims!!

I dont need uber technical quite yet...but i am in need of some more curvey roads...

I live down between janesville and monroe about 30 minutes south of Madison and beyond one particular road which is rated 30mph and is pretty fun but is only about a mile long, there really isnt anything to test me...

I just looked up some roads over by Mt. Horeb and there are a couple that look promising, i might have to make a day of it some weekend.

Are you a lesbian? No offense, but your sig makes me wonder, since you are on a Harley, too.

Take care and nice bike.

Are you a lesbian? No offense, but your sig makes me wonder, since you are on a Harley, too.

Take care and nice bike.

LOL - Spank at his best.

Sweet looking bike there man. I'm not exactly a bike guy, but I knew that if I was it would have to be a Harley Cruiser.

LOL - Spank at his best.

Sweet looking bike there man. I'm not exactly a bike guy, but I knew that if I was it would have to be a Harley Cruiser.

Not into bikes?? Might have to turn in your man card.:p

Worked on it last night a bit & finished up today after I got back from the course. Carefully poured about a gallon of gas in, checked for leaks & then fired her up. And of course wouldn't you know as it's warming up the damn rains came. Waited a bit till they stopped & the roads dried up then took her out for a short ride.

Sssmokin, you will eventually regret selling yours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520