• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED PARTNERS, BUT

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Reaction score
wish you didnt?......so you can see what you would have shot. we played partners yesterday, me and three of my other buddies..2 teams....my partner isnt that good, shoots around 100-105. We played almost everyone of my shots. I was playing great. we shot a 79, I believe I could have done that yesterday by myself, or at least a 81, 82.......I have been shooting around 85-89 lately.

I have someone that plays partners off me a lot, and I wish he wouldn't. Well, I don't wish he wouldn't, I just wish he knew when to shut up about it. I play my own ball all the way, just because I enjoy some of the rediculous shots I'm forced to make. Here's a scenario that irks me.

My tee shot - goes fairly well, long enough, just in the first cut of rough off the fairway.
His tee shot - goes basically nowhere and ends up in this rediculous sawgrass stuff where balls go to die.

My second shot - pretty good shot, in the fairway just in front of a greenside bunker.
His second shot - played off my spot, goes right and down into the woods.

My third shot - nice little flop over the bunker and onto the green.
His third shot - played off my spot again, bladed wedge over the green, lands on the cart path and rolls halfway down the next hole.

I two putt.
He one putts, again playing from my spot.

He says "so what did you have?"

"Bogey."

"Sweet, so that puts me at par."

And then he proceeds to tee off first on the next hole.

I have someone that plays partners off me a lot, and I wish he wouldn't. Well, I don't wish he wouldn't, I just wish he knew when to shut up about it. I play my own ball all the way, just because I enjoy some of the rediculous shots I'm forced to make. Here's a scenario that irks me.

My tee shot - goes fairly well, long enough, just in the first cut of rough off the fairway.
His tee shot - goes basically nowhere and ends up in this rediculous sawgrass stuff where balls go to die.

My second shot - pretty good shot, in the fairway just in front of a greenside bunker.
His second shot - played off my spot, goes right and down into the woods.

My third shot - nice little flop over the bunker and onto the green.
His third shot - played off my spot again, bladed wedge over the green, lands on the cart path and rolls halfway down the next hole.

I two putt.
He one putts, again playing from my spot.

He says "so what did you have?"

"Bogey."

"Sweet, so that puts me at par."

And then he proceeds to tee off first on the next hole.
At least he's keeping up the pace of play...:laugh:

Nope.

JEFF4i has no friends. :(

we don't ever play that way....we play our own ball and low man wins the hole for his team. I have gotten ham and egged to death like this though.....shot 79 my partner shot 81 still lost the bet the other team had someone par like every freakin hole.

Jason

Yea I play in a bunny hop every Friday and when I am playing good i would like to of known what i would have shot. Cause a bunch of times these older guys get to play from the forward tees and even though my shot is good theirs will be ahead of me so we have to use theirs. For example last Friday it was a 3 man bunny hop and we were 5 under after 4 and we only used 2 shots from both of my partners and even though we used those shots i wasnt in trouble they were just a little better. I happened to be on that day but i will never know what i would have shot because we had to use 2 of there shots. Anyway after the 4th hole it rained us out and we didnt get to finish.

I did this recently, went to the course by myself one wednesday afternoon and it was crowded for some reason. I joined up with a threesome that worked together, they mentioned that they were playing a scramble with a couple of other groups and asked if I wanted to play my own ball or join them. I thought what the hell I'll join them. We get on the first teebox, they all hit driver, the hole is 333 yards long. All OB or dead. I hit a 6 iron down the middle. We played my ball and from there we played 80% of my shots, all my drives except 1 We had four birdies 3 were on my ball the whole way, I even sunk the putt. We get back to the clubhouse calculate the score and we shot a 67. I was so mad at myself, I had it that day, I felt better than I ever have on a golf course. Oh well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520