• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heavy Putter (B-3) Review

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Reaction score
Several months back i decided to switch from the Odyssey DF Rossie 2 that i had played with for 4 years to something new. Went with a Wilson Kirk-Currie 3 and things just didn't work out so well with it. Several other on here had tried these and raved about them working so well, that , combined with love for heavier feeling clubs led me to track one down. Found it used with no headcover or weight kit for $70 shipped on the 'bay and picked it up instantly seeing as how these retailed for $220 on the manufacturer's site.

Received it about a week or so ago and have taken it out to the putting green at the local muni across the street from school a couple of times since.

The name doesn't disappoint...this thing is heavy, but I absolutely love it to death.

This thing sets up so great behind the ball its almost like cheating....you can't help but feel that no putt is unmakeable while hefting this thing.

short knee knockers are a breeze with this thing....it is literally impossible to get quick like i have a tendency to do. anything inside 4 ft is automatic.

the biggest improvement this putter has made to my game is the midrange putts. 12-20 ft or so. i'm knocking more of these in than i ever have before even when my putting was "on" with other putters i wasn't hitting this many. i look up after the putt leaves my field of vision and the ball just doesn't seem to want to leave the hole alone.

now, several testers on here's only beef with the heavy putter line was the distance control on your longer putts...this has always been a grey area in my game. the HP didn't do really anything to improve this area of my game...but it definitely didn't get worse either. once i put some more time into practicing with this it should get better because my stroke is 100 times better with this on average than my other putters. a week is hardly enough time to really get to know this putter considering i used my Odyssey for 4 years.

I look for this to be a mainstay in my bag for a long long time.

-YG

Glad it's working good for you YG! It surely helped me get my stroke back and now I'm doing real well with the Redwood Anser. I don't think I would have if the HP didn't fix my stroke.

And the guy I sold my HP to is raving about it at work!! :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
definitely....it had seemed like ages since i had really stroked a putt. this thing is just so rediculously smooth it does nearly everything for you

As you said YG, the only knock is distance control on longer putts, I just couldnt get any feel with it and that is solely why this isnt in my bag, because on shorter putts it is truely just automatic.

But i just got my SC newport back today, and will hopefully pickup a Rossa Imola 8 and a YES! Callie before I leave on trade ins with some of my other extra clubs I dont need:)

Ill have 5 putters to bring with me to college:laugh:

As you said YG, the only knock is distance control on longer putts, I just couldnt get any feel with it and that is solely why this isnt in my bag, because on shorter putts it is truely just automatic.

I think he's dialed in the distance control now too. I played with him yesterday and he was all over the hole all day, even on the long putts. I'm pretty sure he didn't three putt all day and canned almost everything 10ft. and under.

That putter is money in his hands and I predict it will be in his bag for a long time. :D

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520