• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hi from the newest 'New Guy'

TomClark

San Jose, CA
Reaction score
Greetings all, and I hope all of you are ready for an excellent holiday season. I have been playing golf for about 13 years now. For a long time I couldn't see the value of taking a perfectly good ball and trying to lose it! But, since every male I know plays, I finally took up the game in the mid 90's.

I am 53, and a retired police captain (2 years now) from the south Bay Area. My wife still works full time, so I have lots of time to devote to hobbies. I try to play at least once a week, and in November realized one of my retirement goals: getting my index under 10. It currently is 8.7, and I am finding that I enjoy the game more and more as time continues on. I have a regular group I play with, plus will go out to one of several local courses as a single without problem.

For whatever reason, I have gravitated to Titleist clubs....I really enjoy how they play, and I have found them quite durable. Lucked into a great deal this summer, and picked up a 907D2 and a 906F4 for $200. They were nearly new, and the guy I bought them from was so frustrated that he all but gave them away. Like the driver so much (10.5 with a Diamana shaft) that I recently bought a 9.5 and had a Speeder 569 (x flex) installed. Swing speed is over 110, and I am now really bombing the ball. Get the short game a little tighter, and I can drop the index some more.

Anyway, I look forward to garnering lots of good information from this site, and to hopefully making some new golf aquaintances in the San Jose area.

Tom

Welcome to Shottalk! I'd love to be in your shoes by the time I'm 53! Retired and play golf all the time!

Welcome aboard. :)

Sounds like you have really worked on your game and its paying off, better yet, you already know how to buy more clubs even when you don't need them.

You'll fit in just perfectly here. :D

Welcome to Shot Talk!!

Welcome to Shottalk! I'd love to be in your shoes by the time I'm 53! Retired and play golf all the time!

Well, not quite all the time. I also spend a fair amount of time at a local Habitat for Humanity building site...something cathartic about building stuff with other people's money....

Well, not quite all the time. I also spend a fair amount of time at a local Habitat for Humanity building site...something cathartic about building stuff with other people's money....

Welcome, but if you start sounding noble or something, the guys here will razz you unmercilessly!

Don't want that to happen....After being a cop for 30 years, nice to do something for others who have not been as fortunate as I have, plus I have always enjoyed working with power tools!

Welcome, but if you start sounding noble or something, the guys here will razz you unmercilessly!

Why the broad brush there, Claire?

We usually wait for 50 or so posts before we start to razz folks. :laugh:

You, of course, were an exception. Putting up the Avatar of Inkster demanded it. ;)

Mr. Clark: Good for you working on Habitat for Humanity. Like you said, getting to work with power tools on someone else's home with someone else's money is indeed worth donating your time and efforts. :laugh:

Why the broad brush there, Claire?

We usually wait for 50 or so posts before we start to razz folks. :laugh:

You, of course, were an exception. Putting up the Avatar of Inkster demanded it. ;)

Mr. Clark: Good for you working on Habitat for Humanity. Like you said, getting to work with power tools on someone else's home with someone else's money is indeed worth donating your time and efforts. :laugh:

Thank you, sir, and I will do my best to be a contributing member of this forum. Since I am always tinkering on my game (like everyone else I know...), I am constantly on the lookout for any way of improving my scores.

Thank you, sir, and I will do my best to be a contributing member of this forum. Since I am always tinkering on my game (like everyone else I know...), I am constantly on the lookout for any way of improving my scores.

First step is not to get crosswise with Tim!

And watch it Kiddo, or I'll put up Christina Kim.

First step is not to get crosswise with Tim!

And watch it Kiddo, or I'll put up Christina Kim.
Gonna use the same pic that's hanging in your closet? :p

Tom, we play rough around here... ;)

After raising three kids and a career of dealing with people at their worst, this should be fun!!

Welcome to ShotTalk Tom,

And keep a close eye on Claire, we have reason to believe she is a Professional Dominatrix. :D

Cops, the brave souls that make a career out of dealing with the worst 10% of the population 90% of the time. Yet, after 30 years of it, you still find the love in yourself to build homes for others.

Thank you for your services sir, both on and now off duty.

Oh, and welcome to Shottalk! its a most wonderful place...as long as Jeff4i doesnt postin your thread....cuz its pointless after that.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520