• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

History of the dress code in golf

Our home course is the "blue collar" course in our area. As I related on another thread this past week, I was sitting in the clubhouse when someone called in to ask about the dress code. The clubhouse manager replied, "Dresscode? Keep your shirt on and your pants up!" And, that about covers it.
Whenever I visit another course, I'll dress in khaki's and a nice golf shirt. A few courses in our area do have a dress code, but it generally is collared shirt and slacks. A few do allow dress shorts, no cut-off Levis.
Our regular group will mostly wear khaki's or jeans during the cooler temps. Most will transition to shorts as the weather warms. If I'm going to be playing a lot of golf, I will wear shorts. If I'm working a heavy schedule and only play weekends, I will stick with slacks or jeans so I don't make fellow players suffer through the sun's reflection off my lilly white legs!!
I've still got the tan lines on my legs from last year! I'd have thought you would too limp..

I know Im a heathen to some, but Im not above wearing jeans to the course assuming there's no dress code.

People don't act how they're dressed. Put two rival gangs in suits and put them in the same room together. Ill bet they don't act like gentleman.

I know Im a heathen to some, but Im not above wearing jeans to the course assuming there's no dress code.

People don't act how they're dressed. Put two rival gangs in suits and put them in the same room together. Ill bet they don't act like gentleman.
Bluejeans. Gangs. Fighting. Hmmm...

Thats pretty far from ok.

But I have seen your legs in a pic and I understand.

1396407096962.jpg

I enjoy dressing nice to play golf, I like to match bright colors, and present my self in a way that makes others feel like I respect the game and put effort into all of its aspects.

I enjoy dressing nice to play golf, I like to match bright colors, and present my self in a way that makes others feel like I respect the game and put effort into all of its aspects.
You and Leftyhodges should get along fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520