• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hitting off the toe!! Help!!

rob0225

Reaction score
Guys, I need some help here. For about the last 3 weeks I have been hitting off the toe of my irons. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I have got to figure this out. I have tried moving closer to the ball, coming back straighter on my backswing, consciously making myself want to swing on a straighter path, but nothing is working. I can feel myself coming outside in almost like I'm pulling the club toward my body as I swing toward the ball.

What is the most likely reason to cause me to swing this way.

I really need some help please.

Thanks,

Robert

I got this out of Golf Magazine Feb 2006 Page 64, although it was related to Pulls and Pull Hooks. It was from a top 100 instructor and helps me address my ongoing problem where my ball starts straight and draws left to what ends way left on my Draw bias. It may be worth a shot.

"Find where you are missing ball. If your Misses are off the toe, you’re hanging back on your right foot at impact and not rotating your body through the shot. Once your body stops, the clubface closes down and the result is either a pull or pull-hook. To remedy this, place a towel under both of your armpits and take a few practice swings without dropping the towel. Focus on moving the grip end of the club with your belly button. This will synchronize your arms and body and make those pulls disappear."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520