• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ho'd Pings last night at Golfsmith

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Reaction score
They're for my stepson.:D

Ping i5's, black dot, stock graphite R shafts, 4-PW. He hit them last weekend and loved them! He also hit 5 or 6 other irons and none of them compared as far as he was concerned (TM's, Cally's that he originally wanted, Cobras, etc.) Honestly, I was really surprised he picked them. He hit a set of G5's with steel shafts but said he got better feel with the graphite.

Best part was the look on his face when I asked him: "Who told you to try Ping's?" "You did." "Who said they were old guy clubs" "I did."

They're for his birthday, he gets them tonight when he gets back from his dad's house. Can't wait to see the look on his face!

He's outgrowing his clubs, so now we've got to look for driver/fairway/hybrid. :bang:

That's terrible, man. Forcing a kid to use Ping's like that. :(

Yup, Pings with graphite shafts are old man's clubs. :laugh:
:smilie_pi:smilie_pi:smilie_pi

You have to get your stepson to join up here in ST just to piss off all the :smilie_pi haters. :laugh:

• Staff
That's terrible, man. Forcing a kid to use Ping's like that. :(
Like I said, he had his choice of quite a few manufacturer's and he chose the Pings. Even chose graphite over steel.

You have to get your stepson to join up here in ST just to piss off all the :smilie_pi haters. :laugh:
He's only 14....don't want to corrupt him too early! ;)

We picked the boys up from dad's and took them straight to church for youth group (the usual schedule). We came home and unloaded the car, including his golf bag. I switched his irons and put the bag where he'd have to move it. He walks in after church and mom tells him to get it out of the way. I had my back to him and next thing I feel is his arms around me in a big hug...he immediately hugged his mom, also.

He's thrilled!

He should be, spoiled rotten kid.... :D

Worst part is, he's probably going to wear me out with his Pings!!

I thought Pings in general were "old man's clubs". :laguh:

Easiest to hit irons I have ever found are the G10s with stock graphite shafts. I just can't make myself pay money for them. :)

You're a better father than I, I only got Zings for my son. ;)

It's just a shame you're going to have to take him out to enjoy his new sticks; oh the sacrifices of parenthood...

Might as well start him out with the ugly ones and work your way into the nice looking ones. :laugh:

It's just a shame you're going to have to take him out to enjoy his new sticks; oh the sacrifices of parenthood...
If you could've seen his face when he hit those i5's, you'd have bought them, too! It was the best mix of pure excitement and "He's gonna be saying I told you so for a long time" that I've ever seen!

And yes, if he plays them as well as he did his US Kids set, I will keep right on saying "I told you so"...probably after every time he beats me!

I'm just so disappointed in you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424