• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Home course for sale.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I suppose would be considered my home course is up for sale, but they aren't listing it as a golf course but rather 48 acres of undeveloped land for home sites. It's not that great as far as courses go & will be sad to see it go, but I have decided this year to play less....well my surgery has decided that...so I will focus on playing nicer courses & skip the goat tracks.

A sign of the times. there are going to be alot of courses failing in the next 2 years.

My Wife has been looking online at businesses for sale. Came across a vague listing of a golf course in Waukesha County that sounds mysteriously like the one of which we are members.

A cool $11,000,000 asking price. Reason for selling? Looking to pursue other interests. Me thinks finding a buyer will be difficult. I'm paid up for next year, so I assume I'm good to go no matter what.

Kevin

I saw in one of the golf mags that one of the top 100 courses you can play is closing to be turned into housing. So yeah, sounds like this could be a sign of the times. :(

Luckily we have zaphod in Wisconsin who - if needed - could turn his potato farm into a golf course, right zaphod? :D

Luckily we have zaphod in Wisconsin who - if needed - could turn his potato farm into a golf course, right zaphod? :D

Actually I've got 2 pieces of land that would make great course. One is on the terminal moraine of the Wisconsin Glacier. Just 1/2 east of my house. Rolling land with just enough flat area to but a course. Another was 2 ponds a stream with natural Big and little Blue stem prairie. Already irrigated. with overhead system. Rather than under underground system. There is a course up at Stevens Point that is also irrigated by a center pivot.

I can always dream. Right now soy bean and vegetable prices would have to nose dive to justify the move. Gotta feed the world ya know.:prop:

This hits close to home for me. What I considered my home course prior to this year is up for sale. The dipshit that owns the course Pissed us off to the point that we are giving up our $5k initiation fee simply out of principle and likely going to file a lawsuit against him in the next week in hopes that it will light a fire under his @ss to sell the course.

It is on 1300 acres, and because of the Super on the course it is likely the best kept course I have ever played in my life. We are praying and hoping the course sells prior to the upcoming year.

Very sad when we look at it, because we spent more time contemplating whether to give up our membership on this course than we did giving up our home and friends in our old area when we moved up here. Up to this point we have always made the right decision when we have done so out of principle and were willing to suffer the consequences. So far it has always worked out well, and hoping this will be the same case.

Sorry for the vent, but I even went so far as to search my old threads on here and modifying the name of the course and deleting the photos for the sake of how it affected us. Figured the B@st@rd didn't deserver free advertising from me.

Actually I've got 2 pieces of land that would make great course. One is on the terminal moraine of the Wisconsin Glacier. Just 1/2 east of my house. Rolling land with just enough flat area to but a course. Another was 2 ponds a stream with natural Big and little Blue stem prairie. Already irrigated. with overhead system. Rather than under underground system. There is a course up at Stevens Point that is also irrigated by a center pivot.

I can always dream. Right now soy bean and vegetable prices would have to nose dive to justify the move. Gotta feed the world ya know.:prop:
Call Kohler! Hey, people need to shower, too...

What makes no sense is that the housing market is down too.

That's just it, we have a huge glut of unsold homes & it's not like anyone is going to be building a ton of homes in Poynette. Plus the value of every single home which before could be listed as "golf course home" is going to drop dramatically.

What makes no sense is that the housing market is down too.
You been following the news. :laugh:

Mainly because the banks now kind of have their hands tied on issuing new loans unless it is almost guaranteed.

Even the ones that didn't run a muck and kill the market as well as their business. While we were looking at a second home, we knew there would be no issue in qualifying, and knew it was a prime market, however we were unsure how the banks would react in issuing a loan because of current circumstances with the market. Many reputable people are have trouble getting loans on a single home with the current market and problems with the banks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301