• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How difficult is shipping...

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
To Canada? I have a listing on ebay now and a guy asked me to ship to Canada if he paid extra. Anything I need to watch out for or be aware of? I can't imagine its THAT hard is it? Oh, I assume USPS is cheaper than UPS correct?

It's not a problem if you ship FEDEX.

The problem is, once you ship internationally, you lose the protection of all US Commerce laws. You will have little chance of recovering anything if the guy decides to screw you over.

Watch out for UPS and Fedex charging the recipient excessive "brokerage fees" for dealing with the Canadian customs stuff. Not sure about shipping golf clubs but I've also seen people who are receiving electronic components from the US get hit with some pretty serious VAT taxes and/or import duties.

The sad part about all this is they try to charge the recipient for all this once it arrives there. If they decide not to pay it then they just ship it back to you and you are out the original shipping.

I would check very carefully with Fedex or UPS as to exactly what fees will be charged before you ship anything out of the country. Aside from tracking, USPS may be your best bet.

• Staff
Watch out for UPS and Fedex charging the recipient excessive "brokerage fees" for dealing with the Canadian customs stuff. Not sure about shipping golf clubs but I've also seen people who are receiving electronic components from the US get hit with some pretty serious VAT taxes and/or import duties.

The sad part about all this is they try to charge the recipient for all this once it arrives there. If they decide not to pay it then they just ship it back to you and you are out the original shipping.

I would check very carefully with Fedex or UPS as to exactly what fees will be charged before you ship anything out of the country. Aside from tracking, USPS may be your best bet.

I think USPS is the way I plan on going, all transactions will be done thru paypal so I feel relatively safe on getting paid...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301