• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I am the man

Great job...that's a real breakthrough...I can tell you are very conscious of 'round management' and are taking this into account as you try to limit the blowup holes. This is a huge step and millions of players never learn this...I'll bet you can get solidly into the 90's over the next year...and that ain't bad golf at all. I play with several guys who shoot there and I have a fun time with them. They tell a lot of good jokes and keep up the pace of play. That's all that lower handicappers really want from a playing partner anyway. If you can shoot solidly in the 90's - most anyone would enjoy being with you on the course...

Keep it up and next time bring a fricking chainsaw after that bastard. I agree with others, after seeing him hit three balls, I would have just played right through. I'd have told him, "Come on over here and Stop me from playing through you bastard..."

Eff people like this. And I also agree with the cell phone suggestion. Call the shop on the spot and report him...

My wife brought up a good point that upon reflection, might have been the cause. The guy had probably been drinking, based on his attitude and the way he walked, shuffle shuffle shuffle, that makes sense. Oh well doesn't matter I still did good, and thats what counts.

Cell phone to the clubhouse is the best response to people like this. Our course is semi-private and at times we attract some real winners.

About a year ago a group of jerks were playing behind us and decided I looked at them wrong or something and tried to pick a fight. I blew them off but called the clubhouse just to let them know. When they made the turn our board president approached them to discuss their behavior and these geniuses tried to pick a fight with him.

Yes, they had been drinking and their cans were scattered around the course.

These boys now have a lifetime ban from our course and I didn't have to let it screw with my game.

Congrats on your score Davebud, that's a big milestone.

Congrats on the jump into double digits.. :D

Now the fun begins.. keep working at it.. you'll be posting a "I broke 90!" thread in NO time... ;)

It only gets worse, :)

I got below ninety when I was 14 too, but I hadn't even been playing a year(Gloating off, sorry, lol)
Then it was 80, then it was par, now it's consistantly trying for par and under.

What i've noticed is scores like that come in groups of threes.

Just think, when Tiger broke 90 the 1st time........
They had to change his diaper at the turn. :biglol:

ezra76 said:
Just think, when Tiger broke 90 the 1st time........
They had to change his diaper at the turn. :biglol:
hahah.. way to make him feel better about breaking into the 90's.. :rolleyes:

I don't feel bad about it. I have been playing just over a year, and have gone out less than 20 times in that span, it also helps when you go out to be able to outdrive everybody you play with. They all post better scores than me, except my father in law, but every one of them wishes they hit driver like I do.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520