• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I feel good...

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Reaction score
I played a round today... with my old putter and new clubs... I shot 44 on 8 holes (had to leave before the 9th so my brother could get to his baseball game), so it would have been 50 or so if I had played the 9th hole.... Didn't make par, and I played pretty badly, but for the first time out in a year or so, I dropped 20 strokes from last time I played.... I would have done better if I wasn't so rushed the whole way through (topped a few) and I went low (I'm diabetic), but I hit the fair way 3 times, and most of the other ones were just off the green... I'm thinking I could get it down to 40 with some more practice, but I still feel good about how I played.

Good job. It's OK to feel good about a score but better IMO to base it on how well you felt you hit the shots. I've had rounds 10strokes better that I didn't feel were as good as rounds 10strokes worse. Just a matter of being able comfortably execute the shots I've practiced. Sometimes it's just a matter of a little luck for me being the difference between an 88 and a 93.

yea, I'm mad about being rushed and what not, but for a first round in a year I'm happy. I'm hoping in a week when I go to play another round that I'm not a rushed, think through my shots, and concentrate better.

But it was entertaining, my dad snapped his 9 iron over his leg after he topped a ball on the 6th hole, and it went about 1/2 way between the tee and the green.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520