• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I FOUND MY WINTER GOLF MECCA!!!!

seanmathes

Reaction score
The pro that I have been working with referred me to a place called Leonard's Golf that I went to last night. It is an indoor practice facility with everything that I have been dreaming about. Three practice bays, a full size simulator, a giant practice green with undulations, chipping, they even have a frickin indoor bunker. I went there last night for the first time and was there for three hours, I absolutely couldn't leave! The best thing about the place is that on every bay they have video and every single swing is recorded and played back for you automatically after every swing. Talk about instant feedback. I used to go out and beat balls for hours and get nothing out of it and I hated that. I have finally found a place that is really going to help me improve to the level that I want. The owner leonard was giving me free tips for me to work on to improve my path and a few other issues (damn chicken wing).

I just wanted to tell you guys about the place as I haven't had the chance to tell anyone yet except my girlfriend and you know how that goes.

"oh that's great so I guess I will be seeing you even less now?"

Unfortunately for you guys this is a one off shop and not a chain so a very long drive for anyone that isn't in Northern Colorado.

Sean

I've been looking for a place like that. We have indoor driving ranges in Milwaukee but I don't they have any of that good stuff. I haven't been to them "yet" so don't know.

I'm sure there's one in the Chicago area if I feel like battling that traffic. Let's see, two hours to go 25 miles each way, a couple hours there after waiting for a chance to hit balls. No way am I going to the Chicago area!!!

Or you could just move to CA,NM,NV,AZ,TX,LA,MS,AL,GA,FL,SC or parts of NC and play golf all year long. :D

Even if......

Even if I was in California right now I still think I prefer to practice like this. With the video after every swing I can really work on ereasing my bad habits and swing faults. Until I get the exact perfect swing that I want grooved I doubt that I will practice anywhere else.

I have had four lessons with my current pro and still had a horrible chicken wing. IMO you can't work with a pro for half an hour a week, film two swings, and then be given two things to work on. Maybe you can but it is going to take a lot longer than I want it to. Last night I was able to fix things in a couple of hours that I have been working on for several months with limited success. How can you expect to really improve after you fix two things and then beat balls for 20 more hours the next week engraining other bad habits and then go back to that pro and say now what? Not to get to the level that I want to be at anyway.

As far as distance to travel goes, I am really lucky it is only about 15 miles out of the way when I head home from work. Also, it isn't like hitting in an office building at GolfTec or Bogarts but you can get a good idea of ball flight as they use big targets on the walls behind the nets and the ball goes probably 25 feet before hitting the net.

Here is their website if you want to see what it looks like. The site doesn't really do it justice at all.

http://www.leonardsgolf.com

One last thing, last night was the first time I really felt like I made some dramatic improvement and I wasn't even working on full swings. I did a ton of the "tip to tip" drill, working with that big fan club to feel the proper lag and clearing my lower body.

Yay! Siberian included New Mexico(we thank you).

For the girlfriend, just tell her to come along or go shopping, you've GOT GOLF TO DO!

Yay! Siberian included New Mexico(we thank you).

I started on the left coast and worked my way east. Hope I didn't leave out anybody in a warm clime.

New Mexico is a state, now, right?

I've got my mecca, as long as it's not snowing.
icon10.gif
I just use the range more often, heated, 3sided booths. I also love to take advantage of the lower rates at the nicer courses. Most have play all day for under $20. They have temp tees set up but they are usually only about a 10-15yd. difference at most. If there is room I'll sometimes play from behind the tee boxes.

My mecca is right in my back yard in one of the original 13 colonies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520