• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need a new driver

Mine's not for sale, just got it today from GG. Paid $149 for a 9.5º with a R flex ProLaunch Red shaft. Played with it after work & it took me a few holes to get the weights set for my swing, but once I did & i figured out just how the club likes to be swung...Pow!:)

And the 300 yard drives almost drove themselves didn't they?:p

And the 300 yard drives almost drove themselves didn't they?:p

I wish I hit 300 yds, 240 -250 is where i'm at. Funny thing is this driver & shaft combo really gets the ball rolling when it hits the ground. And comparing it to the Nickent pos is a joke, even when I cranked that club the best I could get was 220-225 & no roll at all. With the TP even when I wasn't hitting the sweet spot the ball was carrying 235+ & then getting another 10-20 yds of roll.

I wish I hit 300 yds, 240 -250 is where i'm at. Funny thing is this driver & shaft combo really gets the ball rolling when it hits the ground. And comparing it to the Nickent pos is a joke, even when I cranked that club the best I could get was 220-225 & no roll at all. With the TP even when I wasn't hitting the sweet spot the ball was carrying 235+ & then getting another 10-20 yds of roll.

But those are internet yards, Wi. You're really only hitting it 205-210. Be honest!

Yeah, I had an R5 TP and it was an awesome club. But I love the Geek I'm playing right now. Awesome carry and a ton of roll. I was keeping up to a guy with a Titleist D1, we were within inches on a ton of different holes. I liked the R5 TP but the Geek fells so much more solid. Who knows, maybe an R7 425 TP might keep up to it.

Resist! Resist!

I've got an R7 425, and it is a very nice head. But you've got an XL, which is a lot more forgiving.

You wanna' be a playah? Playah-ing from the rough more often?

G'head...buy it.

Blashemy. I tried the XL and tour, both sucked for me.

Mine's not for sale, just got it today from GG. Paid $149 for a 9.5º with a R flex ProLaunch Red shaft. Played with it after work & it took me a few holes to get the weights set for my swing, but once I did & i figured out just how the club likes to be swung...Pow!:)

Glad to hear you are hitting it well. My last few rounds last weekend I was nailing the QuadTP. I had a 425TP 9.5* with the 75g Rombax and never even hit it. Sold it to Clugnut, so he's tried it. The 425TP head will most likely be my next step up. The Quad is long enough for now. I love that TM sound, like you just annihilated the ball when you hit the sweet spot. Also, IMO, the TP is longer off a center hit. I've hit a few that left me shaking my head and saying "Holy $hit" when realize how deep I just hit the drive.

I love that TM sound, like you just annihilated the ball when you hit the sweet spot.

I hated the sound of the Nickent, like an aluminum bat. The Burners sound decent, but this TP & my old R7 460 both sound great when hit properly...which as about twice every 3rd round or so for me;)

If you want to complain about sound, don't hit the Wilson Spine. I demoed it and damn.. it was either a pull hook or weak fade. But the sound was like, amplified and shit-ified Nike Sumo Square.

Give me a F

Give me a T

Give me an i

I guess that is why there are so many different manufacturers ezra. I'm getting 300 yards, actual yards, checked with a range finder, out of my XL with the Matrix Ozik code 6. So in my hands it definitely doesn't suck.

I'm not sure why I even want to try anything else, othe than the fact that Y'all have turned me into a bonefide ho !!!!!!;)

That's because you are a ho for all things TaylorMade.

I love that TM sound, like you just annihilated the ball when you hit the sweet spot.

I've hit a few that left me shaking my head and saying "Holy $hit" when realize how deep I just hit the drive.
As I was saying. You sound like you're talking about some chick with frayed nylons, cheap shoes, and thighs of margarine you picked up at the local VFW.

If I had more than one FT-i I'd be doing what Rock is doing.

Different shafts.

Glad to hear you are hitting it well. My last few rounds last weekend I was nailing the QuadTP. I had a 425TP 9.5* with the 75g Rombax and never even hit it. Sold it to Clugnut, so he's tried it. The 425TP head will most likely be my next step up. The Quad is long enough for now. I love that TM sound, like you just annihilated the ball when you hit the sweet spot. Also, IMO, the TP is longer off a center hit. I've hit a few that left me shaking my head and saying "Holy $hit" when realize how deep I just hit the drive.

I keep thinking that I want to switch to a 425TP, but every time I do I just can't get out of my head how well I hit my R5 TP and how LONG it is. I can't imagine finding a longer driver for my swing at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520