• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

If I don't eat this tonight - I am stupid

Bravo

Reaction score
At our club, we have 'food minimums' that you must meet each quarter. In addition to your monthly dues, you must spend a certain amount on food every quarter ($225). If you do not eat the minimum amount, whatever balance remains on your account at the end of the quarter will be charged to your account anyway.

So I have $75 remaining on my food account that must be eaten by January 28th.

They are having Lobster and Crab Night tonight. Here is what you get for $40 per person:

1) Lobster Chowder
2) Spinach and Orange salad with Grand Marnier Vinagrette
3) 1.5 pound Fresh Maine Lobster
4) 1/2 pound Alaskan King Crab legs
5) Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes
6) Corn pudding
7) White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake.

So - in the interest of financial responsibilty - my wife and I simply must go tonight.

Somebody's gotta do it...might as well be me.

Gee, I sure hope you don't put yourself in such a position next quarter. :biglol:

Hell I would do it too, why would you give them 75.00 for nothing?

That's awesome! And a brilliant idea!

My golf club has a similar system for the seniors. You get £70 ($140ish) credit which is included in your fee, credit on your card for the year. You can top it up as much or little as you like, but whatever you don't use from the original £70 goes to the club funds, and most of which is used to help th junior section (coaching etc.)

If your wife's not in, I am. But I don't kiss on the first date.;)

R35

Just got back...it was great...everything cooked just right.

Now I hit the hay in about two hours and tee off a 8 am tomorrow....

Just got back...it was great...everything cooked just right.

Now I hit the hay in about two hours and tee off a 8 am tomorrow....
Well, it's warm enough here, but unfortunately our course is closed and it's supposed to rain like he!!.

Our food minimum was one of the things that kept us from joining, until we realized that they have alot of specials like what you mentioned and only charge about $15 all you can eat. It took us a while to realize the only reason we wouldn't reach the food minimum was because they simply do not charge enough. Plus we paid for the full year, so if we decide to take a month off, we can make up for it during another month.

Get some sleep, but I would still take the steaks you posted in the other thread over what you mentioned :)

I had to wipe the drool off my chin............I'm a Lobster and Crableg ho' from way back. I'll take that over steak any day. Mascoutin CC in Berlin WI has the same membership requirements. One big difference............the food sucks, and so does the service. Nice course, tho...........LOL.:)

beats the hell out of dogs and beers...

unless of course we are talking MacKenzies and Stellas ;)

If your wife's not in, I am. But I don't kiss on the first date.;)

R35

Not on the lips, anyway. Rock doesn't even take alcohol(though generally that's his excuse).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520