• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Its Arrived

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Reaction score
Just arrived today is my Taylor Made r7 425. This is definitely the best driver I've ever had. That isn't saying much because the only other drivers I've had were a Ram Concept 20.00 jobby and a Taylor Made r7 draw. I really like this driver because of the shaft and the loft. It has a ProLaunch Blue 65g by Grafalloy, and the loft is 10.5. I like the weight of the club and it is a driver I can grow into. I hit at the Nevada Bob's store in town on their golf simulator and I was hitting it around an average 200 yards for 10 hits. And I am only 15 years old. I still hit right but I only had it set up for draw. Next time I'm going to try the "more draw" weighting. If I had to rate it I would rate it as follows.
Feel 10/10
Sound 10/10
Weight 10/10
Condition of used club 8/10
Shot customization 10/10
Over all 9.5/10
Driver001.jpg
Driver003.jpg

Congratulations on the new driver! The R7 425 is a great head. I hope it treats you well.

Hey thanks man I see you have one too.

I have an R7/425. I'm so-so with it, but I think it's the crappy OEM shaft. I'm going to reshaft it (probably with the BB Solutions that's currently in the Mizuno MP500). I think the head is great.

Hey Eracer, what ya going to do with the Mizuno head MP500? :laugh:

Hey Eracer, what ya going to do with the Mizuno head MP500? :laugh:
Probably put it right back on the Solutions, once I realize that it's in my bag right now FOR A REASON! Like - it's the best combo I've ever played...

Sometimes, being a ho is really, really dumb.

BTW - you up this early for a reason? Me, I just woke up wide-eyed at 3:00am and couldn't get back to sleep...

Yeah, I work nights, I have no choice but to be up. But hey, it has advantages, I get off at 7:00am, my home course opens up at 7:30am, coincidence? I think not, works out perfect as far as I'm concerned, :laugh:

Only 15 and you've already ho'd a r7 Draw and 425; you'll be in ho's anonymous by the time you're 20. Ezra would be probably be your sponsor! :laugh:

Btw, nice driver and a good shaft for getting the ball in the air. Don't get too involved in the screws as your swing probably isn't consistent enough to maximize the benefits of MWT. Set them in a position that feels good and then just let them be. The screws come in very handy though if you're looking to adjust swing weight as you can get heavier/lighter screws from any TM dealer.

Hey thanks haha yeah I have ho'd those two but I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM haha I might but idk haha

Congrats - I really liked the 425 when I tried one.

Now we need to get you a wedge.......as an apprentice ho you must have one by next weekend and have changed that one as well by mid February :laugh:

Good luck with developing your game and enjoy the 425.

Only 15 and you've already ho'd a r7 Draw and 425; you'll be in ho's anonymous by the time you're 20. Ezra would be probably be your sponsor! :laugh:

That's nothing man. Haha I'm 15 and in the past 2 years I've ho'd:

4 Drivers:

Taylormade R580XD/YS-6+
Taylormade R7 425/Blueboard
Taylormade Burner/Redboard
GEEK DCT/Blueboard

5 3woods:

Nike Ignite T-60
Taylormade Vsteel
Taylormade R7steel
Titleist 906F2
Tour Edge Exotics CB1

Hybrids

Nickent 3DX 17*
Titleist 585H 21*

2 Iron Sets:

Tommy Armour 845cs 3-pw
Cleveland TA2 3-pw

Wedges:

2x Cleveland 588
3x Taylormade Rac
3x Titleist Vokey

Putters:

Odyssey DFX 5500
Never Compromise Voodoo
Scotty Cameron PP Laguna

^^^ now there's a problem. I wanna get a Cleavland CG12 or CG14 or something along those lines off global golf.

if you're looking for a wedge, check out indacup's site too
I'm a fan of the Wishon CX Micro wedge

Alright it looks like you guys could turn me into a club ho yet haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520