• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's friday, slow day, some random thoughts....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Chew on this if you may:

-is it cool to have pizza for dinner, only to have the leftovers for lunch the next day?

-Am I the only person that doesn't have a lame ass ring tone on their cell phone like Take on Me by A-HA or Informer by Snow?

-Why do I make senseless decisions like tuning in to our local pro football team, only to see them mail in a win against a team we should beat. Especially when I could 18 holes under my belt instead? And I probably wouldn't have ordered a pizza either, so I would live another 6 months?

-Why is it that when gas goes up, the "smart people" that drive cars like Civics and Hybrids start taking the bus while "morons" that drive "Street Utility Vehicles" and trucks just bitch that they have to put "another 15 bucks on top of the 125 bucks a week" they already dump in their gas pigs?

-Is there anything better than a well cooked piece of prime rib? Gawddamn!!!

-Why do dogs chew underwear, even if it's clean?

-Is pudding considered food? Or a meal, for that matter?

-should I cut that majestic spruce tree down in my backyard only to replace it with an oak?

-doesn't it suck when you go to the car dealership ready to rage at the service clerk about a problem you both argued about when you dropped the car off in the morning, that you figure should be covered under warranty that isn't, only to find that they've found a way around it and you have to pay nothing for that evap sensor? Wasted pent rage sucks....

-why does our plotter room smell like chinese food when maps are being printed? This holds many, many theories....

-why does light beer come in stupid coloured cans?

-is there a worse question from your better half than "this dress doesn't make my ass look big, does it?" or, "be honest, i won't be mad" as a follow-up.....recipe for disaster....

-home come when I sink everything on the practice green, it won't transfer to the course, but when I stink it up royal beforehand, I can't miss?

-how many beer are considered normal intake for a weekday? If it's not a special occasion?

-does anyone know where I left that 40 bucks I got out of the bank machine on Wednesday? I coulda sworn i had 40 bucks on Thursday...

Discuss amoungst yourselves....

R35

Damn, you are having a slow day.

Rockford35 said:
-is it cool to have pizza for dinner, only to have the leftovers for lunch the next day? No, but it is cool to have it for breakfast.

-Why is it that when gas goes up, the "smart people" that drive cars like Civics and Hybrids start taking the bus while "morons" that drive "Street Utility Vehicles" and trucks just bitch that they have to put "another 15 bucks on top of the 125 bucks a week" they already dump in their gas pigs?

Is that the same thing as a Sport Utility Vehicle and if so should I be taking this personal? :p I would have to drive about 50 miles just to find a bus but it wouldn't go where I need so I'd have to drive back.

Funny thing about the gas. I figured out with the miles I drive I'm spending a whole $6.00 a week more than last year but yeah, I still bitch about it.

Maybe tenderloin but it's close.

-is there a worse question from your better half than "this dress doesn't make my ass look big, does it?" or, "be honest, i won't be mad" as a follow-up.....recipe for disaster....
"Do you think she's pretty?"

-does anyone know where I left that 40 bucks I got out of the bank machine on Wednesday? I coulda sworn i had 40 bucks on Thursday...
I think the pizza guy may have it.
R35

Rockford35 said:
Chew on this if you may:

-is it cool to have pizza for dinner, only to have the leftovers for lunch the next day?

Do it all the time...

-Am I the only person that doesn't have a lame ass ring tone on their cell phone like Take on Me by A-HA or Informer by Snow?

Shit no...I take the default ring all the time...but I DO get confused in crowded airports where everyone else has done the same thing....

-Why do I make senseless decisions like tuning in to our local pro football team, only to see them mail in a win against a team we should beat. Especially when I could 18 holes under my belt instead? And I probably wouldn't have ordered a pizza either, so I would live another 6 months?

I love Football. Dammit - keep watching hell or high water. Roll Tide. We Will Rise Again. Another National Championship before I die.

]
To hell with higher gas prices. I am driving whatever I want.

NO! I cook out 1-2 times a week without reservation.

-Why do dogs chew underwear, even if it's clean?

You got me on this one...clueless. My dog prefers full length men's stockings - usually of nylon.

-Is pudding considered food? Or a meal, for that matter?

No pudding is considered a vegetable - Not Food!!

-should I cut that majestic spruce tree down in my backyard only to replace it with an oak?

Absolutely not...crabapple is the only way to go.

-doesn't it suck when you go to the car dealership ready to rage at the service clerk about a problem you both argued about when you dropped the car off in the morning, that you figure should be covered under warranty that isn't, only to find that they've found a way around it and you have to pay nothing for that evap sensor? Wasted pent rage sucks....

-why does our plotter room smell like chinese food when maps are being printed? This holds many, many theories....

Secret Chinese chefs are lurking in the plotter room.

-why does light beer come in stupid coloured cans?

The makers hope the brightly coloured cans will take the consumer's attention off the bad taste...

-home come when I sink everything on the practice green, it won't transfer to the course, but when I stink it up royal beforehand, I can't miss?

-how many beer are considered normal intake for a weekday? If it's not a special occasion?

3 on a weekday....17 on a special occasion.

Discuss amoungst yourselves....

R35

My thoughts in bold above....

• Staff
I loved your note on the beers, B....lol...

R35

Rock and Bravo after the week i have had (93-97 heat) my brain is fried and i needed a good laugh thanks to both of you. I do have a few thought on it though.
1. Pizza is fine the next day and long as it is with the 17 beers.
2 My wifes little sis put a ring tone on my phone and i dont know how to change it.
3 I cant wait for the real football season to start.
4 Speaking of dogs hows the beagle going rock. Mine chewed the hell out of our waterbed frame.
5 MMMMMMMMMMM pudding.
6 EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW light beer.

• Staff
The beagle is fine. He seems to be settling into his role of being a dink quite well.

He's actually pretty good. Lots of energy and smart. Which can be bad. Huge nose on him too. I'm pretty sure he remembers every place he's ever picked up garbage from the park as he heads there everytime we go.

Speaking of which, it's pretty quiet. He must be doing something bad. :)

R35

And speaking of pizza.

Why isn't pizza considered the perfect health food since it has all the major food groups in it. Where else can you get your meats, veggies, grains and dairy all in one place.

And why can't chicken wings be good for a days supply of fiber and shreaded wheat be what we use to start campfires.

And why is gatoraid considered an ideal drink for athletes when it's mostly sugar and beer is considered unhealthy when it's made from water & grain.

Yeah, the wife's talkin about eating healthy again. Just had to rant a little.

• Staff
Use the Dr. Nick Riviera "Window to Weight Gain" method.

Wipe all your food on a paper towel. If you can see through the paper towel, eat these foods. :p

Gatorade isn't good for you, it just quenches your thirst with salts.

Oh, and tell your wife this.....Atkins filed chapter 11 bankruptcy, so obviously diets suck. Eat what you want, in adequete amounts (that means maybe 8 wings with a salad or veggies, Dave, not 45 wings and 3 beers) and you'll be fine.

Call that the Rockford Diet. :canadafla

R35

Rockford35 said:
Use the Dr. Nick Riviera "Window to Weight Gain" method.

Wipe all your food on a paper towel. If you can see through the paper towel, eat these foods. :p

Gatorade isn't good for you, it just quenches your thirst with salts.

Oh, and tell your wife this.....Atkins filed chapter 11 bankruptcy, so obviously diets suck. Eat what you want, in adequete amounts (that means maybe 8 wings with a salad or veggies, Dave, not 45 wings and 3 beers) and you'll be fine.

Call that the Rockford Diet. :canadafla

R35

This is pretty much what I do since I turned 40. It just sucks sometimes.

The wife likes pizza too much to ever look at Atkins again. Calories in/calories out, simple as that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520