• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Johnny Miller

Couldn't agree more. I'm rather embarassed as a golfer when he starts talking about how his 63 at the U.S. Open was the greatest single round in a major ever. Pompous hits the nail squarely on the head with Miller!

I've never heard him comment on it, but I believe that it was the best round ever.

Well, talk from today is that Paul Casey's round (66) is threatening that rounds title...

I don't know who heard it but, JM was on Mike and Mike yesterday morning. Golic made some comment about his 63 being aided by favorable weather and his reply simply pointed out that there wasn't any 64s. (sorry, can't get the exact quote but this gives an idea)

The Golf Channel just had a lengthy interview with him...very interesting.

1) Miller is a devout Mormon. He grew up in San Francisco and has six children. Since he is a devout Mormon, I'll bet he neither drinks or smokes.

He has a hard time rationalizing working on Sunday because of his religious beliefs.

2) He teared up when talking about his final round in the USOpen. He said that when he was on the practice tee, a voice told him to "open up your stance". He did this during the round. The guy felt that God helped him during the final round.

On the other hand, he did say that 'it was one of the finest rounds ever played'.

He admitted he had made mistakes...he said Kenny Perry's swing "would make Ben Hogan throw up" and "looked like a player in a pro-am". He admitted this was a "broadcasting double bogey".

Nicklaus was interviewed about him and said that he told Miller that "he should tell the truth but not be so mean about it". Roger Maltbie said "he just says whatever comes to mind without thinking about it".

Mark Rolfing was interviewing him and commented that Tiger didn't like him because of his criticisms of his swing. Miller said he didn't care.

During the interview, there were several flashbacks to comments Miller had made on tape. In last year's US OPen, with Michelson standing on the 18th tee with a one stroke lead, as Michelson is taking his club back, Miller says, "He should have nothing more than a 4 wood in his hands here and just get it in the fairway". Recall that Michelson hit his driver deep in the woods and this lead to him losing the tournament.

Uncanny.

Pretty good interview...the guy was very accessable and willing to talk about his broadcasting style and criticisms he has received from the players.

The Golf Channel just had a lengthy interview with him...very interesting.

1) Miller is a devout Mormon. He grew up in San Francisco and has six children. Since he is a devout Mormon, I'll bet he neither drinks or smokes.

He has a hard time rationalizing working on Sunday because of his religious beliefs.

2) He teared up when talking about his final round in the USOpen. He said that when he was on the practice tee, a voice told him to "open up your stance". He did this during the round. The guy felt that God helped him during the final round.

On the other hand, he did say that 'it was one of the finest rounds ever played'.

He admitted he had made mistakes...he said Kenny Perry's swing "would make Ben Hogan throw up" and "looked like a player in a pro-am". He admitted this was a "broadcasting double bogey".

Nicklaus was interviewed about him and said that he told Miller that "he should tell the truth but not be so mean about it". Roger Maltbie said "he just says whatever comes to mind without thinking about it".

Mark Rolfing was interviewing him and commented that Tiger didn't like him because of his criticisms of his swing. Miller said he didn't care.

During the interview, there were several flashbacks to comments Miller had made on tape. In last year's US OPen, with Michelson standing on the 18th tee with a one stroke lead, as Michelson is taking his club back, Miller says, "He should have nothing more than a 4 wood in his hands here and just get it in the fairway". Recall that Michelson hit his driver deep in the woods and this lead to him losing the tournament.

Uncanny.

Pretty good interview...the guy was very accessable and willing to talk about his broadcasting style and criticisms he has received from the players.

That's the interview I referred to earlier. I found it very interesting and it really humanized him.

Featured Reviews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54