• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just the push I needed!

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Reaction score
Work is having a golf tournament..nothing special...4 man scramble etc.

Normally I wouldn't pay the $65 entry fee for just any tournament, but seeing as how i'm a college student working at a pretty good company...i figure this would be a great networking opportunity.

I've been having a hard time forcing myself back into the game after taking some time away from it, and this is just the push i needed. The tournament is September 20th, and I figure if i'm going through all this trouble to go and network...then I'm thinking I better be good when I do so that if nothing else, my game may stand out for me..given my age at least.

I have a month to get as good as possible.

Went to the range the other day and my ballstriking was much better than I expected, so I think if I just keep at that it'll do nothing but get even better as I shake off some rust.

I did want to have some clubwork done before this happens. I need a dependable 200-220 club, and what I have laying around isn't working. I realized that the 23* Heavenwood with SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 shaft that I had built, is 2.5 inches longer than it should be...which could explain why I hit nothing but high hooks with it...so I'm gonna have that shortened as well as finally shaft up a 24* 585h head that i've had laying around...i'm thinking DGS300.

Hurray for being back in the game!

Suggestions for getting better in a hurry????

As long as your ball striking in general is solid, then I would work on inside 100 yards. I realize your event is a scramble, so you likely will not have many chips and short pitches, but you never know. Par fives may still need some touch "third" shots.

Also, in my experience, the hot putting team wins the day (nothing new here, huh?)

N.B. The 585 is a very solid club if the shaft is well matched to your swing.

After some time off my putting takes a big dive. That's what I would work on the most.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520