• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mad Balls

ezra76

Reaction score
Played with my dad a decent course today, Fenner Hill, where I played with AaA last week. There are a bunch of waste areas filled with briar bushes but since it's winter they are thinning out. He used his ball retriever and I ventured in with my 3iron, knocking them back to reachable distance. We got well over 100 balls. Here's what I kept...

13 Nikes (ONE's, Mojo, Powersoft) 17 ProV1 392's, 5 ProV1x's, 6 NXT's, 8 NXT Tours and a few others (B330, AD333, Tour Ultimate) All together I got 60 balls. There are hundreds more in there, need some kind of grabbing tool. I'll be going back soon.:)

DSCF0977.jpg
DSCF0977.jpg

That Titleist 4 with the dot under the 4 is mine..please return it.

Not one Callaway. Hmmm....coincidence?

Nice to see so many shitty golfers play ProV's...:rolleyes:

R35

R35

We finally agree on something (even though you played them before I did) :D

The question is ezra, what were you doing over by the briars in the first place?

(yeah sure, blame your dad?) :

See the balls that say Titleist on them? Yeah those are mine. Whenever you're ready send them home and I won't press charges

R35

The Callaways are the "hundreds more" that are deeper in the briar patch.
icon10.gif

Or in the water. :D

Got any scuba gear, ezra, so you can retrieve Rock's balls? :biglol:

Oh the possibilities with this one..........:D

On a side note and topic related: Does anyone know of any published numbers on golf ball sold by maker and type? Its just a guess, but I am figuring that Pro V1's out sell any other premium ball by a wide margin. In the last four years, I have only played with one person that played a Callaway ball, and the way he was losing them he must have been keeping them in business.

Oh the possibilities with this one..........:D

On a side note and topic related: Does anyone know of any published numbers on golf ball sold by maker and type? Its just a guess, but I am figuring that Pro V1's out sell any other premium ball by a wide margin. In the last four years, I have only played with one person that played a Callaway ball, and the way he was losing them he must have been keeping them in business.

For every scratch golfer there are thousands of hacks....i think these numbers line up nicely. :D

Rumour has it from my club guy that Top Flight is releasing a 3 peice ball in 07 that is KILLING the competition. A dozen is rumoured to be 19.99. Same characteristics as the HX Tour 56, is rumoured....

R35

For every scratch golfer there are thousands of hacks....i think these numbers line up nicely. :D

Rumour has it from my club guy that Top Flight is releasing a 3 peice ball in 07 that is KILLING the competition. A dozen is rumoured to be 19.99. Same characteristics as the HX Tour 56, is rumoured....

R35

Oh you evil temptress! :D

You know the next generation Strata would be my soft spot. :idhitit:

I am down to my last dozen Strata Tour Straights so I broke out a sleeve of my Nike TA TW's (2 dozen - the sleeve left) the other day when I played. I still have my stock pile of 5 doz Strata Tour Pro's and 5 doz Top Flite Strata TL-Tours. Although the $19.99 price is a bit high compared to $12.95 and less a dozen I have been paying for my Stratas :D. it would definitely convince me that it was OK to start dipping into the reserves.

GS released their Snake Eyes Tour last year which is most likely a Strata of a different name. The Snake Eyes 2-piece was a remake of Top flite XL 2000/3000 series so I am assuming that Top Flite is makeing the 3 piece ball as well.

Thanks for the good rumor, Rock. If your bluffing me, I will put out a contract on your sheep:hunter: :D

No bluff, it's the real deal. Apparently in testing, these things were more than capable of the same distance and spin numbers as the big boys, and in blid tests, the feel aspect was just as tight.

I'm gonna give them a go. Which means they're probably crap. :D

R35

No bluff, it's the real deal. Apparently in testing, these things were more than capable of the same distance and spin numbers as the big boys, and in blid tests, the feel aspect was just as tight.

I'm gonna give them a go. Which means they're probably crap. :D

R35

Just remember, its not the arrow its the archer. :D

I will have to scour the internet to see if I can find any more info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520