• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Maybe I should take up bowling!!!

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Reaction score
I'm worse than I thought!
Just got my free handicap on golfhound.com.
I had to wait to post 5 rounds.
So for 2007 my index is...
Are you ready????

43.4!!!!!:biglol:

Do I suck or what????:laugh:

id suggest using golf channel game tracker instead of golfhound... much better, but still free...

or i could email you an excel program that i use to calculate my handicap...

that means you would most definately be shooting over 100.... probably even over 110...

so what do you shoot?

that means you would most definately be shooting over 100.... probably even over 110...

so what do you shoot?
Well over 100!!!
Yesterday I shot a 126 on a par 72!
Now I'm NOT whining, believe me.
I'm having a ball!
After only 1 year of playing, I absolutely love this game!
I just like making fun of myself, as goofy as that may sound.
The guys I play with are great!
They are very patient with me and try to help me improve my game with a little advice here and there.
But nothing overbearing.

Hopefully all I need is much more practice.
My chipping and putting are my weakest areas.
I seem to have problems lining up my putter.
I like the 2-ball,
but I'm thinking of getting the 2-ball lined putter.
Maybe that will be easier to line up.
What do you think?

COOL!!!!

id suggest using golf channel game tracker instead of golfhound... much better, but still free...

or i could email you an excel program that i use to calculate my handicap...
GREAT!
I certianly don't expect to be playing in any tournaments any time soon-LOL!
But I'd like to see if I'm improving or not just for "G-P's".
I'd welcome your email at...
[email protected].
Thanks!

Wow, i was just thinking of taking up bowling... Although your having fun doing that so thats good.

Keep it up.

i know what you mean. i've been a victim of poor putting, but am getting better though. few of my friends been playing for about a year, and they play 2-3 times a week. now they are in mid 90s. so keep working at it, and you'll get better

Just be consistent. Play at your own pace, and the game will come on it's own.

Stay with golf, greydawg, even if it is frustrating at hell sometimes. I took it up going on 3 years now. Last year I had my index down to 14 or so, by playing almost every day. This year it's more like 20. WTF??

We all went through those scores. Hang in there. Take a lesson or two and develop your short game and putting to really make an impact. Having fun is why we all battle this game. Toughest game there is. I used to shoot competitive archery. I made it to being a pro and sponsored by Bear Archery. Could pick a bow up anytime and shoot the same scores. Not this game. :)

Thanks for all those kind words of encouragement gentlemen!
Ain't no way I'm quittin'!
Got the sticks in back of the pickup and I'll be hittin' the range and practice greens every chance I get.
The day I finally break 100,
the drinks are on me!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Football,
Thanks my friend.
I'll check it out.
Keep in touch!

Thanks for all those kind words of encouragement gentlemen!
Ain't no way I'm quittin'!
Got the sticks in back of the pickup and I'll be hittin' the range and practice greens every chance I get.
The day I finally break 100,
the drinks are on me!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Football,
Thanks my friend.
I'll check it out.
Keep in touch!

no problem...:)

i was worried it wouldnt work... all i did was forward the exact email somebody else on another forum sent to me...

a warning though... when you d/l the file/attachment, and open it it will ask you if you want to enable macros in the excel document.. i have always clicked yes, so i dunno what will happen if you click no, but excel does warn you that if you enable macros, you might get a virus...

some computer expert or anyone know exactly what macros are in an excel doc??

and good luck with the program!! hope you get your cap down like i did mine... when i got the program i was ~20... now im 8.3..:)

no problem...:)

i was worried it wouldnt work... all i did was forward the exact email somebody else on another forum sent to me...

a warning though... when you d/l the file/attachment, and open it it will ask you if you want to enable macros in the excel document.. i have always clicked yes, so i dunno what will happen if you click no, but excel does warn you that if you enable macros, you might get a virus...

some computer expert or anyone know exactly what macros are in an excel doc??

and good luck with the program!! hope you get your cap down like i did mine... when i got the program i was ~20... now im 8.3..:)

Macros are used to automate Excel files, so that data entry is easier.

Don't sweat the macros if:

1. You trust the source of the file.
2. You have a good anti-virus program running (you do, don't you?)
3. You trust the source of the file.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424