• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mini Review TEE CB1 4W

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up this club new for cheap this winter ($99) after hearing everyone else say how great the CB1 and CB2 fairways are.

I've played it now for about a dozen rounds and I think it's probably the best fairway wood I've ever owned. I've always liked my V-Steels, but this club is longer and more forgiving.

It's long, it's straight and it's low profile enough to hit easily off the deck but still play off the tee and not worry about an "Ezra wedge" shot. :laugh:

Oh, and the titanium face has a really sweet sound when you nut one.

I played yesterday with Youngun5. Our course is in the process of aerating the greens so the back nine was closed. We were playing the "far" 19-27 holes as the back nine. On #20, a par 4, the tee shot is about a 180-190 yd. carry across water and I hit a crap drive that was weak and right but cleared the water. I had 190 yds. slightly uphill to the pin which was about 4 paces on the green and has a large greenside bunker in front of it. In other words all carry. Hitting left to the large part of the green would mean a sidehill/downhill putt that could easily turn into a 3 putt so I decided to take dead aim on line with the stick. I would have rather been in the bunker below the hole than left on the green with a nasty snake of a putt. I pulled out the CB1 and launched a long, high shot that landed softly a pace or so on the green and stopped about 3 ft. under the cup. Sweet! Stroked the putt into the center for a rather unconventional (or at least unexpected) birdie.

The high end of my bag is inconsistent right now but I keep hitting a few shots like that every round which leads me to believe there is nothing wrong with my clubs, just my swing... :laugh:

In short, the CB1 is a great fairway wood. :thumbs up:

BTW, the 21* plays just as well as the 16.5* (actually better IMO), and as well as they play out of the rough it would likely allow you to free up the 16 and 19* hybrids. :laugh: ;)

I know, that is just cruel on my part to bring that up. :p

Glad they have a lifetime warranty, because I hate the idea of having to find another down the line if something happens to one of these. That is just how long I expect to play these TEE's :) The driver is no slouch either, as I am sure you are aware, but it just doesn't give me the same feeling of thinking I may play the FW for the rest of the time I play this game. Knowing that it would be far fetched to think that anything new would ever come out that gives me the same satisfaction, control, or distance.

I still have a CB1 3W in my closet. It was long. It felt great. It hit EVERYTHING 50 yds. left. (notice how I conveniently take none of the blame for that....
icon12.gif
)

I blame the cheap Fuji OEM shaft. I see you kept the stock shaft in that 4W, and it worked well. If my current frankenfourwood project doesn't pan out, I'll hunt for one of the TEE's and start buying shafts (maybe a Limey!)

I love my Tee 4w, the hyper tipped Matrix isn't working out, but I'll soon have the NVS back in there and all will be right in the world again.

To bad I have an electric stove, :biglol:

BTW, the 21* plays just as well as the 16.5* (actually better IMO), and as well as they play out of the rough it would likely allow you to free up the 16 and 19* hybrids. :laugh: ;)

[/b]I know, that is just cruel on my part to bring that up. :p[/b]

Glad they have a lifetime warranty, because I hate the idea of having to find another down the line if something happens to one of these. That is just how long I expect to play these TEE's :) The driver is no slouch either, as I am sure you are aware, but it just doesn't give me the same feeling of thinking I may play the FW for the rest of the time I play this game. Knowing that it would be far fetched to think that anything new would ever come out that gives me the same satisfaction, control, or distance.

Nah, I really like my hybrids especially once I switched to steel shafts. Also for some reason any FW with more loft than about 18º just looks odd to me and messes with my head. Oh, OK... you've now got me thinking about it. :laugh:

I snagged a mint TEE 10.5º driver head on ebay that just showed up today. No one was bidding on it so I couldn't resist. I like the TEE driver a lot so far. If I keep getting my swing into shape and get the swing speed up a bit then the 10.5º could be a regular in my bag in the future.

I still have a CB1 3W in my closet. It was long. It felt great. It hit EVERYTHING 50 yds. left. (notice how I conveniently take none of the blame for that....
icon12.gif
)

I blame the cheap Fuji OEM shaft. I see you kept the stock shaft in that 4W, and it worked well. If my current frankenfourwood project doesn't pan out, I'll hunt for one of the TEE's and start buying shafts (maybe a Limey!)

Shafts are easy. You know you want to pull that bad boy out of the closet and bag it again... :laugh:

I like the stock Fuji shaft a heck of a lot better than the Prolaunch Blue that's in my Adams RPM LP 4W. I really need to get that thing changed one of these days. It will likely get either a SK Fiber TT90 I already have or possibly an FST Pro White steel shaft. I'm leaning towards steel at the moment.

There is a CB1 4 wood with an aldila nv 65 Stiff shaft on ebay right now for 59.99 buy it now. I'm "THIS" close to buying it. What do you all think? Is it a good deal?

I was happy getting mine for 80, so I'd call that a solid deal.

There is a CB1 4 wood with an aldila nv 65 Stiff shaft on ebay right now for 59.99 buy it now. I'm "THIS" close to buying it. What do you all think? Is it a good deal?

I was happy getting mine for 80, so I'd call that a solid deal.
I was happy to get mine for about $119 just over a year ago. :laugh:

icon12.gif
)

who sold you that POS???

I guess I am one of the few that never really got along with this club. Not that it is bad just don't hit it as well as my Geeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520