• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Money definitely well spent

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Reaction score
over the summer i dropped about $100 on rain gear, for a nike short sleeve rainshirt and pants, and Footjoy gloves,

today we practiced in basically freezing rain, i wasn't wet at all while everyone else was soaked and cold. i played much better than usual somehow under the worst conditions.

i'd say the gloves made the biggest impact, i didn't have to worry about all about the club flying away, and my grips are terribly slick in the first place, but i was able to make aggressive swings all day and not have to think about it at all.

i guess to non-competitve golfers, rain gear doesn't seem like a must, but if you play compeitive golf for school or your club, you will sooner or later be forced to play in rain, and if that happens, having a good set of rain gear can be the difference between being even or +10.

cheers

Haha, im the opposite way. I have a Zero Resistance rain jacket that i still dont wear when its raining half the time because i dont like having multiple layers if im swinging hard. I also dont wear a glove at all. I also just shot a 68 in the rain, with street shoes on for the front nine(though i slipped on the 6th tee and it led to a double bogey, so maybe golf shoes would have made it a 66), but i'm going to say that if rain gear would have turned that in to a 58, i need to look into what it's made out of:)

I use the Footjoy Dryjoy Jacket, or Vest in hot weather, and Dryjoy Pants, and a Bucket Hat to keep it from running down my back. Footjoy wet weather gloves. I switched to Cord grips the end of last year. After going to cord grips, I could really care less if it rains or not and do not notice much of a difference. The wet weather gear was quite costly but a fine investment. I used to pray for rain in competitions because it would buy me about 5-10 strokes over most of the people I played against even when I played regular grips. My only gripe, I used to not wear the pants because they had no belt straps or velcro and would slide down, a real pain, but I got Suspenders this year and they do a fine job.

we went and played in the largest h.s. tournament in KS yesterday in Hutchinson, this tournament has a rep for nasty weather and didn't disappoint, this tournament spanned 8 hours including a 1 hour delay, but it rained all day and when all was said and done, i wasn't wet at all. i was playing terribly half the time, but i found my swing late and managed to salvage an 82, which was good for how unbelievably crappy i played. and i don't blame it on the weather, i just flat out sucked most of the time, but once i found it, i was lights out in every aspect of the game.

next year i make this tournament mine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424