• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

More Myrtle Beach questions

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Reaction score
I tried to call EDS Golf (a member here) a few times but only got the answering machine.

A buddy from NY and myself (currently in NC) are wanting to take a trip to Myrtle Beach. I've never been there, so I am PSYCHED for the trip! As of right now it's only him and I, so I'm certainly extending an invitation to any pair that would like to make up a foursome. I'm a competent player, and my buddy really loves the game but doesn't play it to his heart's content most of the time...

The buddy has played down there before and mentioned that King's North is exceptional. So far that's the only thing I know about it. Most of the rates I see are for foursomes. How can I find the price for a pair? What kind of packages do you guys recommend? I'm pretty much quitting my job to go do this, so I want the best value above all else. Time is something I'll have plenty of :).

I'll keep trying EDS, but I'm getting antsy... Also, anyone know where I can get an extended weather forecast? I can only see 15 days ahead on Accuweather, and the next 15 days look like crap. I'd like to know what's going on the last week of Feb.

Thanks!

Lots, and lots of rain around this time of year, and this year it's been more than normal.

And.. I've heard the Barefoot courses are great. We had those booked last year and canceled the trip. BTW, why on earth would you quit your job, to take a golf trip?

I was going to quit my job VERY soon anyway, if not today. They had it coming for a while, and I warned them plenty.

Good time of the year to go to get decent hotel rates. A lot of the 'beach' restaurants will be closed for the season though. Still plenty of good places to eat. I have a client in MB, so I've been there many times for business and pleasure. Here are a few of my favorites:

Glen Dornoch (on 17 near the NC/SC border)
MB National (between MB and Conway)
True Blue (south of MB, but worth the drive)

Sorry, but cant help with EDS Golf.

I've been going to Myrtle every year for the last 8 years, and everytime we stay at Longbay resort. We book everything through them(tee times,room).They have some good rates(depends on time of year as to how good).I've been there with a group and as a twosome(Longbay rates are based on twosomes).I think your best bet would be to search internet for best deal(there are plenty of them out there). I'll be there in april(waiting for the weather to warm up),playing Crows Creek,Pine Lakes, Kings North,and Abeerdeen(can't wait!!!). As far as the weather i can't help you there,it's a crap shoot down there this time of year(could be 50 one day 70 the next). Good luck.

r23, do you have their contact information handy? That sounds like a great bunch of courses.

Go to their web site(LONGBAYRESORT.COM),there you can set up your package(number of days,select your courses, tee times ,type of room you want)when your done it will show you how much.Some courses cost more than others. I selected the mid-week classic package(4 nite, 4 round),selected the room i wanted,then started picking courses from their list. When i was done picking it showed me how much the whole package cost, if it was to high i pick some other courses and see how much that would cost, until i found a price i liked.It was pretty easy actually they take you step by step. Once i found a suitable price for all parties involved i called them on the phone(# listed on the web site,Longbayresort.com) with the info and booked.You will have to put a deposit down at time of booking. The courses i chose were (2 high end(Kings North,Pine Lakes) 2 middle of the road(Crows Creek,Abeerdeen)as far as prices go). There is also a price list there so you can see the surcharges each course charges. There is another site you might want to check out(mbga.com) it reviews all the course in Myrtle and links you to their web sites. It might help you chose your courses. Hope that helps you.

SUX, we just got back from Myrtle on Sunday. Weather was kinda crappy on Friday and Saturday, but we got in 2 full rounds and 13 holes on Friday. We always use coastalgolfaway.com, and seem to get a great deal. We stayed 2 nights at Myrtlewood, played Oyster Bay on Friday, Heritage club on Saturday and Legends Parkland on Sunday for $211. You could also try myrtlebeachgolfholiday.com as well. Antoher thing to do is to just drive down, go over and find a nice resort on the beach, get your room and then go the Martin's on Hwy 17 by Broadway at the beach and talk to the guy at the Kiosk and he can book your tee times for you. Lots of options down there this time of year. Heritage and Oyster Bay were nice, but Legends Parkland was one of the better courses we have played down there. True Blue, Caldonia, Heritage are all in Pawley's Island, about a 30 minute drive or so south. Man, it is hard to find a really bad course down there. MB National is a great course, as is Kings North. I would just give one of these guys a cal and let them know what you are looking for and they will hook you up.

That's a big help Bry. Those prices sound great! How are the courses about letting you do replay rounds and stuff?

Probably not to bad. We never do replays, because we are generally worn out from the night before. It is also tough to play 2 rounds a day this time of year, as it gets dark so early. You may could do a 9 hole replay, but I think 18 would be hard unless you rolled as soon as the course opened. It really suprised me at how few folks were down there this time. All of our rounds came with a lunch and 2 free drink tickets, and the round at Legends also included breakfast on Sunday. Legends is a resort all in itself, they have acomodations and 3 awfully nice courses right there. It really is tough to get a bad course down there, there are so many great course and right now they are dirt cheap. I'll bet you could do King's North or MB National for around $50 or so right now. Those courses will run you right at $200 or so in the prime times(spring and fall). Last summer when we were down there, I want to say King's North was like $150 during August. Just tell whoever you use what you want and they can tell you the best deals out there.

I'm booked guys; tell me what you think.

Monday - Wachesaw East
Tuesday - King's North, AND MB National West
Wednesday - Blackmoor
Thursday: MB National South

I tried to do courses that were nearer the hotel, but I could apparently sub out any of these for Longbay (except for the 2nd round on Tuesday). Longbay is just a bit longer drive.

Any recommendations for substitutions? Or have I picked any courses that aren't so impressive?

I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of your picks.I've only played Kings North, and Mb National South, but the other 2 have good ratings. Now all you have to do is count the day's to you leave. Let us know how you make out when you get back.

Went with Longbay resort too, so super-thanks for that lead!

Thats a heck of a course line up. Who did you go through to book and how much was that, if you do not mind telling us. You will not be disappointed with any of your choices. Good luck on that Tues, you guys will have to roll to get 2 rounds in. I can offer you some suggestions for night life if you need them. I also know a decent cab company down there as well. PM if you want details.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520