• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Moving the site

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Later this afternoon, about 5:00pm EDT I will begin moving to another host.

I have had enough from the current one. The new one will be a little more money but it has to happen.

Thanks to those who have donated to the site, those funds will be covering this move.

The site may go down again during the transition.

Congrats! Hope the service gets better Sling.

What kind of dough are you spending to run this site? OR how much dough are you looking for from us members to help keep things going? Just wondering what a good, honest number would be to help you out. Maybe others will help out too.

~QQ

Good luck. Sometimes changing the name servers can take a day. Hopefully you won't be down that long.

Quentin said:
Congrats! Hope the service gets better Sling.

What kind of dough are you spending to run this site? OR how much dough are you looking for from us members to help keep things going? Just wondering what a good, honest number would be to help you out. Maybe others will help out too.

~QQ

I spend very little, actually....Adwords costs me between $50 and $100 per month. I pay for host ing a year at a time and that's about $120, domain name, board and gallery software lisence is about $250.

Time.......must be thousands by now. ;)
I have recieved donations from $5 to $50 which have been sitting in my paypal account waiting for a moment like this. There will be more moments like this as August approaches when the domain name will be renewed and the bulletin board lisence will be made permanant....I paid for a one year license the first time out because I wasn't sure whether or not the site would gain legs.

Donations are accepted but not expected, so if you are so inclined....give until it hurts! :)

I just sent you $15 to help out. Please check your PayPal account to insure it hit.

Got it.

Thanks Bravo! :)

Slingblade61 said:
Got it.

Thanks Bravo! :)

You bet...and thanks for having me as a part of ST...

It's a ton of fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427