• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My balls don't do what they should!

Pinnacle Exception
Nike Power Soft
I will play these when the 6 doz long drives I got cheap all get lost.

Cheap. Not too much side spin.

Buy used V1x's off of Ebay.

The backup ball is most definitely the Top Flite D2 feel.

When I play by myself, I use the D2's. When I play with anybody else (I know), I use my V1x's mostly because I'm a snob and need to keep my air of aloofness.

Though, when I play in with anyone I DON'T know, I always tell them I'm playing Top Flites while they are most often using V1's and V1x's. They then give ME the aloof stare down the nose. I then proceed to blast the D2 40 yards past them and post mid-70's.

No matter what "gamer" you go with, DEFINITELY slum with the D2 Feel. I haven't seen any drop off in performance from the V1x's I've been playing since they came out.

I don't understand why people use V1Xs if they swing lower than 110 with a driver.I swing at that speed and dislike the ball intensley,it just feels to hard and no way is it any longer.I can get the Pro V1 to stop and thats you need.

My fave 2 piece is the Srixon Ad333

I'm going to have to set up some kind of spreadsheet to make a fair assessment of the info coming in!

I have never hit a single Nike ball in my life but I like the look of them. However I'm a bit prejudice against Nike because I think they are all for show just because Eldrick is signed up by them.

Before ProV1's I played Maxfli A10's on the recommendation of a pro' friend, they were bloody awful. Possibly put me off Maxfli's for life.

I have always been impressed with Top Flite Stratas and they generally have the characteristics I was after except they are no longer widely available and they a question over their durability. This is why I'm willing to give them a chance with the D2.

I swing around the 100mph mark so I'm not sure whether ProV1x's would be suitable. With the odd exception I'm more of a sweeper than someone who strikes down on the ball (just adding extra info into your calculations ;-)

I swing around the 100mph mark so I'm not sure whether ProV1x's would be suitable. With the odd exception I'm more of a sweeper than someone who strikes down on the ball (just adding extra info into your calculations ;-)

I am a sweeper as well, if you love the Stratas, you will be impressed by the D2. Someone else mentioned the Pinncale Exception, another fine 2-piece ball but a bit pricey compared to the D2.

when you click on that link it says "Practice blackmax" Anybody know what the practice means?

I used to love those balls and at that price they are a steal, but they might be rejects if they are "practice". If they're good im getting some.

I don't understand why people use V1Xs if they swing lower than 110 with a driver.I swing at that speed and dislike the ball intensley,it just feels to hard and no way is it any longer.

Longer, no. But it's a hell of a lot straighter, even for sub-110mph swing speeds.

I can't buy that,nit with 460CC heads.I have no idea how and why the X is straighter.If you are so far off centre as to require the lower spin rate I politely suggest its not a Pro V1x you need,its a Pinnacle

If you are so far off centre as to require the lower spin rate I politely suggest its not a Pro V1x you need,its a Pinnacle

Why? When did I ever say I hit it 'that far' off centre? I just said the ProV1x is straighter for me, the same way Bridgestone balls seem straighter for me than most others I try. If I hit one of them 400 yards and the another ball 420 yards then the second is still 'longer' than the first, doesn't mean the first one isn't 'long'...

If it's all the same I'll keep to hitting ProV1xs up the middle, thanks! :thumbs up:

Why? When did I ever say I hit it 'that far' off centre? I just said the ProV1x is straighter for me, the same way Bridgestone balls seem straighter for me than most others I try. If I hit one of them 400 yards and the another ball 420 yards then the second is still 'longer' than the first, doesn't mean the first one isn't 'long'...

If it's all the same I'll keep to hitting ProV1xs up the middle, thanks! :thumbs up:

Sandy, you should try Pinnacle Golds. They are very straight, and you will get much better distance than from the ProV1x.

Hell, I should use them. Every time I find one and play it, I love it. And feel guilty for it...dumb, I know.

Sandy, you should try Pinnacle Golds. They are very straight, and you will get much better distance than from the ProV1x.

I really don't have a problem with straightness no matter what ball I play, to be honest - just feel that ProV1xs go VERY straight off the driver, whereas ProV1s sometimes have a baby fade on them, for me anyway. I'm happier hitting them dead straight as I have no need to put any shape on the ball, and I prefer the characteristics of the V1x off my wedges more than the V1, as I prefer the ball to roll out a little as it lands than to stop dead. I just find it easier to judge distance like that.

Whenever I've played 2-piece balls I've not noticed any difference in length to 3-piece and tour balls, but would hate to lose that playability off my irons and wedges. If it was just distance I wanted, I'd play HX Hots all the time, but I can't stand them from 120yds in.

Edit - I should also point out that I usually play Nike One Platinums anyway, but ocassionally buy a sleeve of Titleist for the change. ProV1s if it's a shorter course where I'll need my wedges more, ProV1xs when it's longer and I'll be hitting my fairways woods and hybrids up to the green more.

The Maxfli Fire tours or it's little brother the Fire. Both excellent balls and at a good price. The Tours stop fast but are quick off the driver and long irons.

Based on recommendations, tried the D2 feel but prefer the Maxfli Fire's. They just seem to have more feel on the driver and wedges than the D2's

But that is just one persons opinion for what it is worth

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423